• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Sexy Corals SC Signiture Grow Out

Beerman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump. Just sent jdreef a message. Hope he reads this. We are all ready to end this nightmare. Even if we get a couple of one eye frags for our $600 we will take it as a lesson learned.

OP
OP
J

jdreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good I agree this sucks and I would also like to end this asap...remember I only have the corals that SD sent me after his tank crashed and the ones that died right after I received them I beleive were not my fault but was able to at least nurse some back. I will take some new pics next week of the ones that survived in this grow-out..I hope no body is blamming me for this ucked up grow-out?/ When I heard that SD's tank crashed I was concerned and insisted he send me all of the corals that were left but he did not. I also took pic's of the ones he sent so we all could be on the same page..I think I did everything right and if I hadn't acted when I did we would have nothing!!! Anyways I also have some real nice stuff thats just been growing for a while and I may be able to share with the last guys in our growout. I'll also take some pic's of my other stuff and maybe see if I can hook you guys up with a couple of extra small things on good faith. How will we work shipping. Can I ship to one person or is everyone sep.?

Beerman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good I agree this sucks and I would also like to end this asap...remember I only have the corals that SD sent me after his tank crashed and the ones that died right after I received them I beleive were not my fault but was able to at least nurse some back. I will take some new pics next week of the ones that survived in this grow-out..I hope no body is blamming me for this ucked up grow-out?/ When I heard that SD's tank crashed I was concerned and insisted he send me all of the corals that were left but he did not. I also took pic's of the ones he sent so we all could be on the same page..I think I did everything right and if I hadn't acted when I did we would have nothing!!! Anyways I also have some real nice stuff thats just been growing for a while and I may be able to share with the last guys in our growout. I'll also take some pic's of my other stuff and maybe see if I can hook you guys up with a couple of extra small things on good faith. How will we work shipping. Can I ship to one person or is everyone sep.?

I can't speak for everyone but I don't think anyone blames you at all for the condition of the corals. You stepped up and took care of these and I for one really appreciate that. I think you could have given us a little more frequent updates but it's not like you got the corals from Scott and were never heard from again like Paintguy209 from Atwater, CA. I think that me, racer, and brew all live in different states so corals would need to be shipped separately.

Since there are four of us getting corals I think you should just frag what you can into quarters, thirds, halves, etc. and we should see what we got. We can split them up fairly at that point. Then we can each paypal you for shipping. Hopefully what we get outweighs the cost of shipping them off.

Thank you.

OP
OP
J

jdreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry guys for no pic's last week. I didnt forget I just fell behind and didnt get a chance. I will try this week.. Thanks for your patience...

OP
OP
J

jdreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heys guys wanted to let you know I took a ton of pic's and went through my entire chalice tank. I'll be posting some soon. Otherwise do you guys have JF Jackolatern Lepostraia.. Its def. one of my fav's. I bought a nice colony from him and its grown nicly. I wanted to give you guys a frag if you have it no worries we'll figure something else out.. Besides that I'll get those pic's posted and we'll go from there..

yourracer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let us know when you ready to ship. I think he trying to grow them out and keep one eye for himself. Cause I know it didn't take him that long to setup this group buy.

OP
OP
J

jdreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
iphone4pics10-22-12689.jpg
iphone4pics10-22-12687.jpg
iphone4pics10-22-12685.jpg
iphone4pics10-22-12683.jpg
iphone4pics10-22-12680.jpg
iphone4pics10-22-12679.jpg

OP
OP
J

jdreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My brother posted too many pic's sorry. Most of them have nothing to do with this thread. My tanks have not been doing well for some reason. It's frustrating to leave for a couple of days and come home to dying corals. Anyways yourracrer I'm not growing out myself to keep an eye for myself Dude, please keep your pety comments to your self your racer ..I've just been busy and regrete accepting these corals in the first place.

When I accepted these corals I took the best pics I could when I got them and then more pics when they where dying. When they were dying right after I received them my tank was doing the best ever and was thriving so I know it wasnt my tank at that time. A few months later I started to have problems and my corals started to die.To be honest I do not want to frag any of these corals plus they are not ready as you can see in some of those pic's. The 2 chalices on that tile survived out of five I got. I beleive I killed one. The space invader is still one large large eye with it looks like a smaller eye coming through at the top, the watermelon or that one that was buy itself I beleive may still be alive or half alive and that one if dead i'll take responsibility for also but I beleive I have it. I will go through more this weekend and double check everything. and take more pic's if nessary. Who atleast wants the pinkish one or the green one on the tile if you look back to the orignal pic's and who is intersted in the space invader.

1mbrews8

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the tank looks darn fine to me in the pics!? I wish mine looked that "bad" :eek:)

I would love the space invader, but we need to split evenly some how with the other guys..

absolutely sucks that out of the original like 20+ something pieces, we have what, 4?

OP
OP
J

jdreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks , What ever you guys want to do. I just don't want to frag anything cuz if more die I would feel even worse than I do now. Yes it does suck because I had high hopes in SD as did everyone else as the grower. This is a tough and demanding hobby.

1mbrews8

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am ready to get something out of this.. Maybe you have done this, but can we get an EXACT breakdown of what is on the table for shipping/splitting to us? Or if you are offering anything from you collection?

Like:
Name of coral size/eyes/heads condition (barely alive or thriving)
etc

OP
OP
J

jdreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As for your EXACT breakdown I do not know what corals are what and have been asking for help since SD sent me this nightmare. The only one he sent me that I would call thriving was the Space Invader. All the rest to me were barely alive. I am going out of town in a couple of days for Thanks Giving but when I get back I would like to wrap this up and either send all that survived from SD to one person to take over the grow out. Out of the 7 SD sent me as in the pic's I posted 3 survived and I'm looking for the forth this weekend (a watermelon) so when we here from the last people we can make a decsion as I'll take the loss and do not want anything out of this grow out but would like to end it soon.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.1%
Back