Sexy shrimp in a 0.75 gallon pico reef?

Obsessed with fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would sexy shrimp in a 0.75 gallon tank be fine, I have a small sponge filter, 1 big peice of dry rock and a tiny bit of live rock. The tank is not ready yet, but when I is ill get small soft coral. If I can get the sexys how many? If I can't get the sedys are there any other shrimp that would work?

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean 3-5 shrimp. Lol it's a sexy shrimp! They are the size of my pinky nail. Shrimp. Crabs. Most inverts don't provide much of a bioload. Maybe a large dieing turbo or top crown snails does. Lol
I'd be running some filtration...even on a pico.
D

OP
OP
Obsessed with fish

Obsessed with fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean 3-5 shrimp. Lol it's a sexy shrimp! They are the size of my pinky nail. Shrimp. Crabs. Most inverts don't provide much of a bioload. Maybe a large dieing turbo or top crown snails does. Lol
D
Wait, I remember you from my build thread!

Brit’s Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sexy shrimp would do really well in a setup like this! I would agree that you can probably get away with 3-5. I just recently took my Mini Complete Tank (same water volume) apart but I had sexy shrimp and a few rock flower anemones & zoas. Everything did really well in there.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
D
My sexy shrimp got a heck of a lot bigger than my pinky nail. They started out that size then got to about 1/2" each. Maybe there are different species or they only grow to their surroundings? There is no way even my three would've fit in a .75g with a sponge filter and rock in there let alone them and a goby.

Edit: I just looked at a measuring tape and they got bigger than a 1/2" (maybe 5/8").

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clown gobys. Green. Yellow. Think I've seen em blue too. They are kool! Citreon gobys. Super tiny and they perch like hawkish. Not a free swimmer. I don't even think they have swim blasters.
Kool little critters. Deff recommend.
D

OP
OP
Obsessed with fish

Obsessed with fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clown gobys. Green. Yellow. Think I've seen em blue too. They are kool! Citreon gobys. Super tiny and they perch like hawkish. Not a free swimmer. I don't even think they have swim blasters.
Kool little critters. Deff recommend.
D
When my betta passes, I will transfer everything from my 0.75 gallon to the 3 gallon betta tank. Then I'll add a goby to the 3 gal, but hopefully this won't be for a while.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a few sexy shrimps would be very cool to watch, but they take full advantage of my 32 gallon tank, they walk across the tank back and forth all day. In this case, you're talking about a 2 litre coke bottle, they have nowhere to go and nothing to do, thats not a nice life.

And please, dont put any fish in that tank, that would just be cruel

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back