Shallowest (is that a word?) reef tank... No I don't mean ego either.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title suggests: What's the shallowest reef tank/lagoon tank you all have pics of?

I am currently building a 30"x30"x8" tank from 1/2" acrylic and putting it on a 3030 stand.

So I am interested to see what others have done that are very shallow.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title suggests: What's the shallowest reef tank/lagoon tank you all have pics of?

I am currently building a 30"x30"x8" tank from 1/2" acrylic and putting it on a 3030 stand.

So I am interested to see what others have done that are very shallow.
I do not have pics of the 10" tank (7" when it had sand), but it was the same setup as the mangrove lagoon I did from he large frag tank I got from you.

I do have a mangrove tub setup for when I collect in FL, but it is almost empty now. Hoping to get some stuff week of the 18th Dec.

It is very shallow on one end (return end) and only 8" deep on the deep end (overflow end). I used rock to build a "bank" and then put mangroves in between the rocks. Then sand was placed in the cracks and on top. The returns are hidden by rocks/oyster shells and it has 10 residents. A stone crab and 9 large zebra turbos lol.

Some quick pics. Sorry for the blemish look, but the Blue+ and coral plus are the only 2 bulbs on now. Not quite time for the 10k bulbs to kick on.

Tub is a 50g rubbermaid.

IMG_8031.jpg

IMG_8033.jpg

IMG_8036.jpg

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not have pics of the 10" tank (7" when it had sand), but it was the same setup as the mangrove lagoon I did from he large frag tank I got from you.

I do have a mangrove tub setup for when I collect in FL, but it is almost empty now. Hoping to get some stuff week of the 18th Dec.

It is very shallow on one end (return end) and only 8" deep on the deep end (overflow end). I used rock to build a "bank" and then put mangroves in between the rocks. Then sand was placed in the cracks and on top. The returns are hidden by rocks/oyster shells and it has 10 residents. A stone crab and 9 large zebra turbos lol.

Some quick pics. Sorry for the blemish look, but the Blue+ and coral plus are the only 2 bulbs on now. Not quite time for the 10k bulbs to kick on.

Tub is a 50g rubbermaid.

IMG_8031.jpg

IMG_8033.jpg

That looks awesome! I definitely need to get together with you soon.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like shallow... enough to keep my sleeves dry when messing about with the tank, anyway. Mine is 60" x 30" x 18". Love the size.

FullTank100620.jpg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back