OP
OP
shandoee

shandoee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got myself a Goniopora. I’m just following the next hype. Tested parameters today, I need to feed a lot more.

PO4 - 0.02
Nitrate - <1.0
D4BC4CEA-F1F6-481B-AA1E-E335CDA56E2B.jpeg
47401B77-A36D-4637-8314-18C2985CEAC1.jpeg
9FB02693-B800-428E-8769-8841CA7CDDE3.jpeg

OP
OP
shandoee

shandoee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found some interesting bugs in my tank. I’ve never seen them before. I posted it in another thread looking for answers, and the consensus is they’re harmless.

My Digi has been declining. It grew, but then slowly lost polyps and turned white. It isn’t STN. It has previously STN’d before and bounced back. I moved it up higher to get more light and flow, let’s see how it goes.

FastAG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there. The tank looks like it's coming along great!

I've got a 90.3 on order as well. Only 4 weeks since I've ordered it so probably still a ways to go before it actually ships. Oh well.

I was curious about the clown fish. In all the reading and youtube watching I've done, I'd gotten the impression that having more than 2 in a tank this size would lead to problems. Aggression, etc. Judging from your posts, that doesn't seem to be the case. Have I just misunderstood? What kind of behaviors are you seeing with your 4?

OP
OP
shandoee

shandoee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there. The tank looks like it's coming along great!

I've got a 90.3 on order as well. Only 4 weeks since I've ordered it so probably still a ways to go before it actually ships. Oh well.

I was curious about the clown fish. In all the reading and youtube watching I've done, I'd gotten the impression that having more than 2 in a tank this size would lead to problems. Aggression, etc. Judging from your posts, that doesn't seem to be the case. Have I just misunderstood? What kind of behaviors are you seeing with your 4?
Hi thanks for checking out my thread. Congrats on the Waterbox purchase, can’t wait to see your build.

As for the clowns, these 4 were very friendly up until last week. Three have grown significantly larger than one, and they are semi aggressive to the little one. The 3 larger clowns are just fine with each other. These all came from the same brood. Usually they’re okay when born and raised together and not separated.

OP
OP
shandoee

shandoee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The WWC is growing. I’m starting to see it not only encrust, but a few new branches are starting to sprout from the base and tips. This is very exciting as I have always dreamed of growing SPS, just never had the opportunity until recent.

Check out these early morning PE on the 500 Degree and Pearlberry in natural sunlight
E397B224-6622-4BE2-8456-6D4C4F6DF7A4.png
902AB4A9-6399-4D21-B226-CA11C8CCB19A.png

OP
OP
shandoee

shandoee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the SC OP has declined in the past week. It STN’d, there are some polyps left. The bubble gum Digi is clinging to life. I’m hopeful they’ll both recover. Everything else is growing and encrusting. So I’m not totally bummed. I bought an apex and hooked it up. Looks like my PH might be the culprit. It goes from 7.65 to 7.95 from lights off to lights on. I went and bought a CO2 scrubber, waiting on the delivery now. Here are some updates. Enjoy!

OP
OP
shandoee

shandoee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on the Waterbox.

Picked up some new additions:
-XL pink tip elegance (9” when expanded)
-RR Pink Cadillac
-RR Rainbow Loom
-Paletta Pink Tip
-Pink Birdnest
-Branching Cyphastrea (very cool)

Added equipment:
-Neptune Trident

The SC OP is still there. I moved it behind the 500 Degrees to give it some flow. The Fox Flame started to STN from the bottom. I dipped both of them and remounted them else where. The bubblegum Digi is slowly making a comeback. The 500 Degree is starting to take off after encrusting for a 6 months.

Happy reefing!

OP
OP
shandoee

shandoee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a few weeks of excitement, there is also a few weeks of disappointment. Some acros have started to STN. I suspect higher TDS from a cheap RODI system. I sent off an ICP.

Took it almost a month to get my results back. There are high levels of heavy metals. This may be the culprit. I bought a better RODI system and performed a 40% water change. I’m hoping for the best.
6DA027DC-3DA3-491A-B7DE-B78569C58FDE.jpeg

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back