Share one good thing that happened today....

Did something good happen today

• Total voters

leighla wolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing. That is the purpose. Really sorry about the dog/best friend. I still get tears about my mastiff who past years ago. But, I can remember the good times that I had. Congrats on house and family.

I am sorry about the snakes. ;) Ewwww. Just kidding. I am also scared of spiders, soooo.
Keep reading and sharing.

I had Mastiff’s my whole life....painting walls in washable paint really helped. First one had Addison’s disease, other bloated 3 times. I spent thousands saving both. The second was my best friend that I drove 8 hours to rescue from a kill shelter in south Hollywood...they said she’d been returned by 3 families because she was “unresponsive and skiddish” (turned out she just spoke Spanish lol). I had her for 6 years and she passed away Christmas morning. Mastiffs are the best Velcro dog breed anyone can have.

OP
OP
Mastiffsrule

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am way behind on good things, seems like been all bad lately soooo need some good.

I received one of my daughters holiday presents today Ups. She will be happy when she sees it and ups did a good job handling it

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had Mastiff’s my whole life....painting walls in washable paint really helped. First one had Addison’s disease, other bloated 3 times. I spent thousands saving both. The second was my best friend that I drove 8 hours to rescue from a kill shelter in south Hollywood...they said she’d been returned by 3 families because she was “unresponsive and skiddish” (turned out she just spoke Spanish lol). I had her for 6 years and she passed away Christmas morning. Mastiffs are the best Velcro dog breed anyone can have.
Sorry but my lil buddy Yogi is way cool

Attachments

• 9D07D29C-AF76-4659-A835-48993499D4B3.jpeg
    9D07D29C-AF76-4659-A835-48993499D4B3.jpeg
    178.7 KB · Views: 6

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is Buddy my Silky Terrier. Early Christmas present as a pup during a really tough time. Took to playing fetch from day one and still does 13 years later even though his eye sight is fading. Always happy to see each other, always makes me forget other things. image.jpg

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thus far today I believe all of my posts have reflected a rational mind which gives me great hope to think that false perceptions can turn out to be beneficial in the end. Thinking about it makes me happy to be here which is a good thing.

leighla wolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw these today! They made me smile! Also, if anyone has a 3D printer and can do these for me, or even the classic monopoly pieces, message me for what your rates would be!

Attachments

• 5C66D42D-97E4-4A31-A70A-074CCB6226A7.jpeg
    5C66D42D-97E4-4A31-A70A-074CCB6226A7.jpeg
    366.8 KB · Views: 2

AnotherReefHobbyist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw these today! They made me smile! Also, if anyone has a 3D printer and can do these for me, or even the classic monopoly pieces, message me for what your rates would be!

these are seriously awesome, I just got some clear filament in too! I wish I could print and ship them to you but my parents probably wouldn't be too happy. I will consider though, not to be naughty but it is pretty easy to slip a little box in the mail :)

I will try to find a file for them and tell you if they work first though!

leighla wolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
these are seriously awesome, I just got some clear filament in too! I wish I could print and ship them to you but my parents probably wouldn't be too happy. I will consider though, not to be naughty but it is pretty easy to slip a little box in the mail :)

I will try to find a file for them and tell you if they work first though!
Let them know it’s to support your reefing habits! Definitely message me if you figure it out and quote what it’d cost you! If it’s doable and not too pricey I’d buy them from you and I’m sure you could sell them on the 3D market forum to pay for future stuff! Might be a good income! :)

AnotherReefHobbyist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let them know it’s to support your reefing habits! Definitely message me if you figure it out and quote what it’d cost you! If it’s doable and not too pricey I’d buy them from you and I’m sure you could sell them on the 3D market forum to pay for future stuff! Might be a good income! :)
If I would do it it would be for free :) It would only cost a couple of bucks and a couple of bucks can't take you very far many other places in life. ( hint hint reefing )

I found one file for a castle, so am messing around with that to make sure the inside is free of obstructions.

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m thankful that as of today Dec 9,2020 my business has lasted 5 years beautifully Serving our community like it was a member of the community. Embracing diversity by ignoring that which makes us different and concentrating on that which we find in common. Taking on COVID together as a team, finding strength in ourselves and lending it to our patrons with safe but understanding operations. It’s been an unbelievable year for my business through riots and pandemics, I’m so proud it is still standing today.

oh yes and I also found reefing again after 5 years gone, as well as a community around it that I love participating in. So I’m thankful for reefing and Everyone on R2R! Have a great day/night everyone and make it count!!!

leighla wolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I would do it it would be for free :) It would only cost a couple of bucks and a couple of bucks can't take you very far many other places in life. ( hint hint reefing )

I found one file for a castle, so am messing around with that to make sure the inside is free of obstructions.
I’d at least insist on paying shipping costs! Excited to find out how it goes!

Glue Masters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is Buddy my Silky Terrier. Early Christmas present as a pup during a really tough time. Took to playing fetch from day one and still does 13 years later even though his eye sight is fading. Always happy to see each other, always makes me forget other things. image.jpg
Aweeeee!!!!!!!

AnotherReefHobbyist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d at least insist on paying shipping costs! Excited to find out how it goes!
Printed the first version, there were so many auto supports because of the strange castle couture, that it basically just printed a blob.... Going to take the castle part off of the design and add something simple like the empire state building. :)

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Santa Claus (Don't tell the elves!)

Last year I participated (by accident, some kind of computer glitch got me signed up?) in R2R Secret Santa 2019. It was fun giving and I received a number of cool gifts; a few off the top of my head that I recall were a heater, Algae Barn pods, various test kit reagents. All very nice and useful. A bag of weed was the only thing I didn't get? I was hoping for some Chaeto, but I guess they ran out! @Paulie069 :)

That accidental gift exchange experience was transformative for me.
A Little back story; Since my 1st wife ditched me over Thanksgiving weekend (last century) and then divorced me, I have grown to loath the holidays so much that I had noticed that I was becoming a drag on others who like all this stuff. I didn't want to be, I just couldn't fake any "Holly, JOlly Christmas" spirit. I didn't go to the mall to see the lights or start fights, just to grab the gifts needed to fill the required list and I was outl
Sure, I have always put up the lights and a tree for the misses & our kids who love this time of year, but for myself, I have just quietly put up with the seasons' depression and tried not to rank the scene too much for the rest of the world that was enjoying themselves.

So back to last year. Getting all the useful gifts last year that were all truly "Surprize!" gifts and not just one more box of chocolate, or that nifty holiday pack of 6 each "One-Size Men's Sox" or a DVD, Last years R@R fun and useful gifts made me look at myself in the darkened mirror and I decided that I could do better with gifting this year.

Yes, I do remember this is the Thankful thread.

I'm thankful that I got roped into SS2019 and I wanted to report this fact. I also wanted to mention that I have just finished buying 99% of the needed gifts for all my children and their significant others for 2020's celebration. I've gotten them each a really nice gift, something useful, and I also bought some sox, underwear, scarves, bowties, and other interesting gifts that I am planning to secret under the tree over the next few weeks.

I will be giving each of them presents from others.

My "daughter's gifts to the other members of our family" will all be wrapped nicely in the same wrapping paper with (forged) gift tags that don't mention me (Santa) but name her as the giver. I will wrap gifts for all the children and their significant friends so that whenever they come by the house for Xmas there will be a few gifts for everyone, from everyone, for each to open. Some of these presents are very nice, and some are just Xmas underwear, but everyone will get more than they expected.

Thanks for the idea Santa.
blackish christmas GIF by HULU

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back