Share one good thing that happened today....

Did something good happen today

• Total voters

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The book, "Chemical Oceanography" by Frank Millero arrived in the mail today! Randy Holmes-Farley has cited it multiple times in his posts so I figured it was time to delve into this tome! ;Bookworm

OP
OP
Mastiffsrule

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my UV running off my return line with a wye fitting. I put a gate on my uv to control flow worried the uv flow would be too much. Turned out the UV needed more flow. So I needed to restrict the main return after the wye to force more thru the uv.

basically It was a good day because I cut out a section of my return pipe to fit in a true union with a ball valve to adjust flow, and it did NOT leak. Call that a day and go to bed early for me. NEVER happens. Usually 15 minute simple job turns 4 hours and 3 trips to HD, so Yeaaaaa.

OP
OP
Mastiffsrule

Mastiffsrule

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My daughter graduated elementary school and on to middle today. We ordered custom design tshirts for graduation that came in today for the whole family.

8 more years until freedom, I hope. :p

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My stepson and his girlfriend of 14 years got married today. They are also expecting, so I will also be a grandfather. Doesn’t get any better than this.

Congratulations to you and your family!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I bought an OXO toilet bowl brush so I can better clean my 5 gallon rotifer buckets! Not life changing, but still a good thing that happened to me today! ;Shamefullyembarrased

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 5 month old son slept from 8pm to 7am!! It was glorious! Glad he did because his older sister was up at 5:30am to tell me she swallowed a marble I didn’t know she stashed in her bed...baby sleeping allowed me to call poison control, the ER and my aunt since she’s the only one awake that early!

OP
OP
Mastiffsrule

Mastiffsrule

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to share a great thing.

Being nice to people and they will be nice to you. My gym owner hooked my up with 315# of Olympic weights, 4 sets of dumbbells to 65#, an adjustable incline bench, and floor matts for my garage today since she can’t open the gym any time soon. We almost pulled apart a power rack but too much work if she opens in three weeks.

hubcap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got home early from work today, so, wifey and I went to the (outdoor and socially distanced) bar and had a nice lunch.
I had a few too many beers, so, I decided to take a (long deserved) nap.

I wake up to her screaming "Babe! I need your HELP!!!"

(never good)

She tells me she was going to hook up the sprinkler to water the lawn (even though its supposed to rain the next 3 days) and in the process ripped the faucet right out of the wall. Totally ripped the copper line feeding the faucet clean out of the wall and flush with the house.....
Water SPEWING EVERYWHERE at a pretty high rate. Flooding the side of the house.

Had to shut off the main to the house and call a plumber. After hours. To come out and replace the copper line which runs through a block home.

WONDERFUL.

-cap

OP
OP
Mastiffsrule

Mastiffsrule

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got home early from work today, so, wifey and I went to the (outdoor and socially distanced) bar and had a nice lunch.
I had a few too many beers, so, I decided to take a (long deserved) nap.

I wake up to her screaming "Babe! I need your HELP!!!"

(never good)

She tells me she was going to hook up the sprinkler to water the lawn (even though its supposed to rain the next 3 days) and in the process ripped the faucet right out of the wall. Totally ripped the copper line feeding the faucet clean out of the wall and flush with the house.....
Water SPEWING EVERYWHERE at a pretty high rate. Flooding the side of the house.

Had to shut off the main to the house and call a plumber. After hours. To come out and replace the copper line which runs through a block home.

WONDERFUL.

-cap

sorry to hear this

That‘s bad on 2 levels, it killed a nice nap, and it’s a flood story that didn’t Involve a fish tank. On a side note, don’t make her mad. Ripping plumbing out of the wall, yikes. Hope everything works out ok.

hubcap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, we'll be ok. I'm sure I've done worse things over the years, but, right now, I'm not sure what that might be.
:D

Plumber came out and took a look at it. Monetary damages don't seem to be as bad as I thought they would be. Time will tell. But, listen. We've gotten through MUCH worse....we'll get through this.
The joys of home ownership.

OP
OP
Mastiffsrule

Mastiffsrule

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did my first personal training session with my 11 year old. She’s gonna be soar.

OP
OP
Mastiffsrule

Mastiffsrule

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One good thing today. Ugh...It‘s over and time for some R2R. :)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Three day weekend (good start)
Got grass cut, weeding done, big tank glass cleaned and cleaned the chicken coop and run.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back