Share your BEST aquascape tips of 2022!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The longer you reef the more tips and ideas you acquire! The same is true when it comes to Aquascaping your reef tank!

Today let's all put together a list of helpful tips and ideas that you've learned when it comes to aquascaping your reef tank!

I'll start with a very simple yet effective tip!

TIP: This only works for dry rock. When you use a mortar or putty type epoxy to hold your rock structure together they tend to be a color that doesn't blend well with the rest of the rock. Keep some extra loose sand near and when you join the rock pieces together add some of the loose sand to the wet epoxy that is left showing and it will help it blend in better.

image via @Reefahholic
BFC2B60D-93D2-407B-A04A-9E5BB13353B5.jpeg

squirrelbaffler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But don’t use so much rock that you are unable to remove the waste from when they use the bathroom;).

Reefers don’t let Reefers accumulate detritus!

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tip to folks that use HOB equipment; paint the back of the tank!
Nothing takes away from a beautiful aquascape like a background of wires and machines

carbasaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have ever gone diving on a coral reef at night you are immediately struck by the absence of fish. They are all sleeping in nooks, crannies, holes and caves. I rock scape with that in mind. While open rock scape is aesthetically very appealing and easier from a maintenance standpoint, my personal priority is to ensure my fish feel safe and comfortable. I create many tunnels, caves and bolt holes in my aqua scaping and I think (hope) my fish are healthier for it.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back