Share Your Favorite Reef YouTube Videos

Sunny Goold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few months my younger boy really got into Dory. So I thought - I wonder how hard it is to start a tank these days... of course I found @Bulk Reef Supply and now I have a 120G tank sitting in their bedroom that I now need to plumb and every day for the last month I have been thinking "this is much harder than it looked on YouTube". But I am stoked I am getting into this hobby and more so because I originally went to university to study Marine Biology and now I live in the middle of Europe, far from any ocean, and I miss the sea - plus my kids love spending time in the rock pools I grew up in when we visit.

So any BRSTV video (I think I've watched them all - many multiple times).

Brian W

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back when I first started this really helped me understand algae and how to overcome it. Been algae free ever since watching this!

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks, I think I can chime in here. So much quality content online these days, it is amazing what technology has done for our hobby and to watch in unfold in front on me has been pretty cool. Recently, I have been enjoying the work of Deven @ Reef Dudes!

https://www.youtube.com/user/devenrich

This guy is just super cool and genuine. Meeting him in person at RAP Orlando really made me become a fan.

Now for the shameless self promotion...some of my favorite videos to produce are the Fish Facts with Quality Marine. It is so much fun filming the fish and learning about the different species we keep in our tanks. With my crazy video schedule it has been tough to squeeze this into the production line. Help me out and let me know if you think we should do more!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL53kwcE7KD-fM8y2T_Y70a4yW3eQ42Yiy

-Robert @ MD

Sunny Goold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks, I think I can chime in here. So much quality content online these days, it is amazing what technology has done for our hobby and to watch in unfold in front on me has been pretty cool. Recently, I have been enjoying the work of Deven @ Reef Dudes!

https://www.youtube.com/user/devenrich

This guy is just super cool and genuine. Meeting him in person at RAP Orlando really made me become a fan.

Now for the shameless self promotion...some of my favorite videos to produce are the Fish Facts with Quality Marine. It is so much fun filming the fish and learning about the different species we keep in our tanks. With my crazy video schedule it has been tough to squeeze this into the production line. Help me out and let me know if you think we should do more!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL53kwcE7KD-fM8y2T_Y70a4yW3eQ42Yiy

-Robert @ MD
Yep - Reef Dudes is great. Thanks for pointing out the play list with quality marine (I wish I knew of someone who operates as they do in Europe). The first 2 in the playlist are better with the info and not just a fish and music ;) Keep it up - I have always got good info out of your videos.

Ferrell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I follow BRStv which got me started, Jake Adams at Reef Builders, Fish of Hex, coral gardens, and Billy Pipes can’t remember his channel. All good content.

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @Sunny Goold! Agreed on the videos as the first two on the playlist are really what I am talking about, the others are more teasers. Since we utilize YouTube to host all of our videos, the occasional ad, teaser or short clip makes it's way onto the channel. Appreciate the support and happy reefkeeping.

-Robert @ MD

David S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In this video Jason Fox talks about his reefing philosophy and his adventures

Sunny Goold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Tidal Gardens very informed series in a huge diverse topics and is a coral propagation company.

BRS of course as they are the only ones I have found that are actually doing research.

This guy is really good and has program thats reef tanks for veterans

This guy is really entertaining makes some mistakes but has learned from them and I have watched him actually change his practices

"I decided to give the tank a bit of a dose of Iodine because I thought I needed it... I just put it in blindly... I don't know why... maybe because I just saw the bottle and thought I should put some in.." Hilarious - there's heaps to learn from this guy (often what not to do;)

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Had to post it again cause I couldn't find the original to quote.

Showed this AMAZING video to my wife. Then told her I'm going to go work on my new tank... "Whatever you're doing better be super cheap and easy"

Sunny Goold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.1%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 29 15.8%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 94 51.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.6%
Back