Share Your Favorite Reef YouTube Videos

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That 20K g tank is amazing! Well worth the watch. Thanks for the post. There is one fish in there that stole my heart and now my favorite fish of all time. Not sure what it is, but it has white and blue stripes horizontal and a black spot by the tail with a yellowish/orange stripe running vertical by the gills. Yellow fins. Looks like a Jack.
The powder blues are beautiful. The colors are so rich on them.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone notice there are getting to be more and more horrible videos on reefing now a days? A whole bunch of people making reef videos that know nothing about reefing? One guy I watched his series and it was problem after problem.. Fighting algae for months, than he does not quarantine his fish and kills almost all of them.. I give him credit though for posting his mistakes.

Amazing if you do not know anything why make a video? There are allot less and less videos being made of very nice tanks.

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone notice there are getting to be more and more horrible videos on reefing now a days? A whole bunch of people making reef videos that know nothing about reefing? One guy I watched his series and it was problem after problem.. Fighting algae for months, than he does not quarantine his fish and kills almost all of them.. I give him credit though for posting his mistakes.

Amazing if you do not know anything why make a video? There are allot less and less videos being made of very nice tanks.

Yes. It seems like problem after problem, some of them almost seem staged but then you realize they have little to no experience. - Throw in dry rock without any kind of wash cure - 3 months later take a video full of algae. Buy a bunch of fish from a "trusted" source have them get ich 2 weeks later. Meanwhile make a video on quarantine. It also seems like when one person does something 50 more follow suit. As far as algae scrubber, cheato reactor, miracle mud. Now it seems like UV is pretty good. Now it's true not just on youtube a lot of this stuff goes in cycles and some equipment is phased out unnecessarily but a lot of times its replaced by something more efficient and there is no reason to take a step back just like there is no reason to upgrade if it's working for you.

I watch a lot of youtube videos and there are some really good channels, some good big ones but some of them are borderline unwatchable yet people love them. I make youtube videos too, I stared mainly for something to do, but if I have an issue or just need advice I'm going to post here or another forum in 10 minutes vs shooting editing and uploading a video about it over the course of a week.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes. It seems like problem after problem, some of them almost seem staged but then you realize they have little to no experience. - Throw in dry rock without any kind of wash cure - 3 months later take a video full of algae. Buy a bunch of fish from a "trusted" source have them get ich 2 weeks later. Meanwhile make a video on quarantine. It also seems like when one person does something 50 more follow suit. As far as algae scrubber, cheato reactor, miracle mud. Now it seems like UV is pretty good. Now it's true not just on youtube a lot of this stuff goes in cycles and some equipment is phased out unnecessarily but a lot of times its replaced by something more efficient and there is no reason to take a step back just like there is no reason to upgrade if it's working for you.

I watch a lot of youtube videos and there are some really good channels, some good big ones but some of them are borderline unwatchable yet people love them. I make youtube videos too, I stared mainly for something to do, but if I have an issue or just need advice I'm going to post here or another forum in 10 minutes vs shooting editing and uploading a video about it over the course of a week.

Yea there are some good series for sure, I have OD on them lately. I watch them on my TV all the time since my SO started working a few nights a week here and there. I also watch them while I mess around with the upstairs tank and on my tablet before bed. I was looking last night and it is hard to find something I have not watched. The search on YouTube is not great and always comes up with the same stuff and I know there are a bunch of EU videos or ones from a while ago that just are hard to find.

OP
OP
xjshake

xjshake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i really enjoy watching random reef tank time lapse videos as well

Cliff Shepherd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Tidal Gardens very informed series in a huge diverse topics and is a coral propagation company.

BRS of course as they are the only ones I have found that are actually doing research.

This guy is really good and has program thats reef tanks for veterans

This guy is really entertaining makes some mistakes but has learned from them and I have watched him actually change his practices

arjen_d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My all time favorite:

Pieter 6 meter!

and this one was also a inspiration

McPikie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This guy is really entertaining makes some mistakes but has learned from them and I have watched him actually change his practices

I think you're both talking about the same guy.

Michael lives close to me and it actually pains me to see what he has done. Always swapping and changing routine, recommending differing products without putting any of his own research in etc.

That tank has soooooo much potential if he just stopped messing.

ReefSlice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the tours reef builders does, they always get me thinking of new ideas. I got so excited when I saw Jake Adams at RAP that my girlfriend called me a fan boy... :(:p

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 77 42.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back