Share your LOOT!!!

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I’m gonna do it next year for sure! Even tho I had a problem my fellow Reefers stepped up and gave a helping hand! Also thanks to the staff members who put this all together!

Nothing in life comes without bumps in the road :)

Mrs. Herbert

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I got the gift card from my Secret Santa and I thank them for it. I ended up gifting the card to a fellow reefer who did not get anything. While this was fun, I am having mixed thoughts about doing this next year. Granted, this was the first year and things happen still having mixed thoughts. I hope whoever was my Secret Santa understands my intentions

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Ughhh I don't think I'm gonna participate next year...:(:(
Because of the UNthoughtfulness of the person I sent stuff to … he could've at least acknowledged the gifts ..:(:(
He ruined it for me :(:(:(:(
Not sure how not acknowledging ruins it. It was secret Santa and the joy in giving is supposed to be just that. Let’s not pretend to know what others are going through. 6 years ago my daughter was in a horrific accident in Dec 17 and was in a coma until nearly Valentine’s Day. I got flack and to this day don’t get cards from some people bc I didn’t send a card or a ThankYou for certain gifts that year. Life was a blur those months and shame on those who assumed they knew my intentions or my situation. Why not assume they loved it and take joy in the process you went through to get it to them? If you don’t want to participate that is your decision I just think maybe some are forgetting the purpose of giving ...it’s supposed to be selfless hence the secret part.

Good job secret Santa and community I think it was an overwhelming success!

tweeter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
To my Secret Santa, I want to share a pic with you. I've been playing with my Polyp lab lens you sent me, I love them sooo much! And my fish and corals have been enjoying their Christmas to! Thank you again, sooooo much!! BTW, this batch of eggs are the first in my tank. Been doing this for close to 7 years.
IMG_3139.JPG

LiveWire

Master Electrician/Certified RODI Guru
View Badges
Reaction score
Ughhh I don't think I'm gonna participate next year...:(:(
Because of the UNthoughtfulness of the person I sent stuff to … he could've at least acknowledged the gifts ..:(:(
He ruined it for me :(:(:(:(

The member who received my gift did not acknowledge it either but that's alright. I will still do it again this year and will most likely step it up a notch and send even more. Someone in our R2R family came through for myself and others as well and many members stepped right up at the chance to send members things. After all like tdlawdo said Christmas is the time for giving and I say today that I will indeed do it again this year and will be happy to be a rescue elf if someone else would need a gift. There is a year to plan and I plan to find a one of a kind gift to send to a lucky reefer come Christmas and if they don't happen to acknowledge it that's alright too.

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hello,

I was looking forward to seeing people’s posts and displays but somehow not getting notifications. This isn’t the only thread this has been happening to me on. Maybe some people are not getting notifications. From the last time I posted it was a page and half behind.

Good to see such neat stuff and I will definitely do it next year. It’s fun to do this and keep it a secret lol.

mrsann

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Not sure how not acknowledging ruins it. It was secret Santa and the joy in giving is supposed to be just that. Let’s not pretend to know what others are going through. 6 years ago my daughter was in a horrific accident in Dec 17 and was in a coma until nearly Valentine’s Day. I got flack and to this day don’t get cards from some people bc I didn’t send a card or a ThankYou for certain gifts that year. Life was a blur those months and shame on those who assumed they knew my intentions or my situation. Why not assume they loved it and take joy in the process you went through to get it to them? If you don’t want to participate that is your decision I just think maybe some are forgetting the purpose of giving ...it’s supposed to be selfless hence the secret part.

Good job secret Santa and community I think it was an overwhelming success!

I was raised when someone gives you something you thank them for it ..even as an anonymous gift it would have been nice to be thanked anonymously ..

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
I absolutely enjoyed my grill gifts and desserts from Omaha Steaks! Those were SUPER tasty! Thanks again, SS!!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Btw, everyone, this was our staff's first time trying to do this. We were overwhelmed by the way our community stepped up and participated! There were some hiccups along the way, and we'll work those out for next year. Hopefully we can make this even better!! I have a few ideas already! :D

An extra thanks to all those who stepped in to send gifts to those who hadn't received them. You guys and gals are awesome! The generous spirit of community here at R2R is second to none, and we LOVE that we can put something like this on and see people jump in and participate like you all did!

money88

View Badges
Reaction score
Btw, everyone, this was our staff's first time trying to do this. We were overwhelmed by the way our community stepped up and participated! There were some hiccups along the way, and we'll work those out for next year. Hopefully we can make this even better!! I have a few ideas already! :D

An extra thanks to all those who stepped in to send gifts to those who hadn't received them. You guys and gals are awesome! The generous spirit of community here at R2R is second to none, and we LOVE that we can put something like this on and see people jump in and participate like you all did!
Thanks for holding this it really was fun. Usually, it's hard to do over the internet because people sign up and don't participate.

lilbitreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks for the present, my camera on my phone is not working so can't take a picture. But I got some chocolate in sea shell shapes, some kettle popcorn(awesome tasting), some apex fish food- they already love it and I love that it is easy dispense. Last but not least I got a $50 gift card from BRS! I really appreciate it. It will be put to good use. When I get my camera working I will post a picture. Thanks again!!!
Those reindeer must have gone to Jacksonville Fl first not NC. :) heheh

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks for the present, my camera on my phone is not working so can't take a picture. But I got some chocolate in sea shell shapes, some kettle popcorn(awesome tasting), some apex fish food- they already love it and I love that it is easy dispense. Last but not least I got a $50 gift card from BRS! I really appreciate it. It will be put to good use. When I get my camera working I will post a picture. Thanks again!!!
Those reindeer must have gone to Jacksonville Fl first not NC. :) heheh
I hear they have a lousy sense of direction sometimes. ;)

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I was raised when someone gives you something you thank them for it ..even as an anonymous gift it would have been nice to be thanked anonymously ..

Missing the point! Still not sure how 1 you know their situation and 2 how that impacts your joy of giving. If you gave to get thanks did you give for them or yourself? Hmmm.

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score

Great job!! Thanks!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hello,

I have loved this and was glad the person that I sent stuff to posted and enjoyed the items I sent them. But the biggest thing is to me was I was able to make some smile or at least know someone else cares. It’s amazing to see what people have recieved, but like myself I am super shy on most things, 200 times worse in person. Yes when my secret Santa item shows up I’d love to post it etc. what some may not understand is some people are introverts and it’s hard for them to show or express things. For those who have sent gifts, just maybe ask @Santa Claus if the person liked it in private.

Now with that said that’s me and most know me I’m a little more open on here with friends than normal. But in person im very shy and very quite and sometimes it’s upsets people. Which I feel horrible, but once they get to know me, If that happens they then understand it’s not them it’s me. Yes I try and work on it but it’s very hard. I can’t speak for everyone, I am just thankful for all the friends I have on here, and the fact I was a part of it.

Kyle Kelley

View Badges
Reaction score
0A0E27B2-6EF7-404F-B11D-258D468B4380.jpeg
506C3904-A4A9-4DBC-9996-4B99EC9EB9A0.jpeg
2E6D53E3-53A7-40DB-A44E-5FCF5DCD7CCD.jpeg
5144581D-5D32-43FE-BCE8-DAAD6BD0B234.jpeg
818CB90F-1291-4311-A1E4-276DBF623CC5.jpeg
AA3B804C-676B-446D-B7E8-6BB04460CBB9.jpeg
D3D9227F-93CA-47C0-B0D1-45DFCEB9C7BC.jpeg
FA3F0CC0-C3EC-4D6F-AC00-DA9CABA77D0F.jpeg
I want to send a huge thank you to my secret santa. This fellow reefer drove 2 hours in the rain to bring my family some beautiful corrals and a somatic media reactor. We had a great time with him and his wife placing the new corrals and talking tanks. What an amazing wealth of information i learned in an afternoon. Here are some pics( dose not do justice with my phone).

Thank you again from the kelley family

MSB123

Someone out there put something smart here.
View Badges
Reaction score
0A0E27B2-6EF7-404F-B11D-258D468B4380.jpeg
506C3904-A4A9-4DBC-9996-4B99EC9EB9A0.jpeg
2E6D53E3-53A7-40DB-A44E-5FCF5DCD7CCD.jpeg
5144581D-5D32-43FE-BCE8-DAAD6BD0B234.jpeg
818CB90F-1291-4311-A1E4-276DBF623CC5.jpeg
AA3B804C-676B-446D-B7E8-6BB04460CBB9.jpeg
D3D9227F-93CA-47C0-B0D1-45DFCEB9C7BC.jpeg
FA3F0CC0-C3EC-4D6F-AC00-DA9CABA77D0F.jpeg
I want to send a huge thank you to my secret santa. This fellow reefer drove 2 hours in the rain to bring my family some beautiful corrals and a somatic media reactor. We had a great time with him and his wife placing the new corrals and talking tanks. What an amazing wealth of information i learned in an afternoon. Here are some pics( dose not do justice with my phone).

Thank you again from the kelley family
That’s awesome!
Where are you located? I would love to chat with you. Another local!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 47 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back