Share your Mushroom lighting and schedule? Types of shrooms?T5, LED, MH, STRIPS? Par(Intensity)

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious what and how everyone is running lights with shrooms and if you care to share.
I've tinkered quite a bit over the last 1.5-2 yrs with my lighting. Started out with old school black box with burned out diodes. Did good..
Upgraded to Photon v2+ running slightly modified brs reccomended schedule for softies. Excellent.
I've tried T5 to supplement but found it to be too much for my shrooms and unplugged it. Are you running T5 on your shrooms? If so what bulbs and par are they sitting under? Either my shrooms are too spoiled with V2+ lighting or I don't have correct bulbs for my application?
I've tried pushing my shrooms and sure I've burned some up.
I've backed my intensity off quite a bit recently and have seen a great reaction.
My floor sits around 50-100par maybe 75par average with even less lighting at ends for even less light hungry shroomz around 35par.
I've elevated my Yumas and St Thomas a little higher to around 125par.

What im finding is shrooms just really don't need alot of par. Majority will thrive in 75 average par. Some even less and some want a little more.

My Photon V2+ schedule
Reds and greens 7-10am ramp to 5%, 5-8pm ramp down.
Whites 7-10am ramp to 15%, 5-8pm ramp down.
Cool blue 7-10am ramp up to 17%, 5-8pm ramp down
Violet and Royal blue 7-10 ramp up to 25%, 5-8pm ramp down.
Screenshot_20210712-081138_Reef Nexus.jpg
20210711_155302.jpg

Last edited:

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have neon green mushrooms in an area of high flow - that multiply regularly - at about 350-400 PAR. My Large GSP - which I think is about 10 years old (and controlled) lol - is at 400 PAR. Both are thriving. Conversely, Some of the mushrooms when they split tend to go to the lower light area - and then gradually come out. I think the more light you use - the more flow you need (and I have I believe) well above average back and forth flow - with 2 gyres on opposite ends of the tank

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have neon green mushrooms in an area of high flow - that multiply regularly - at about 350-400 PAR. My Large GSP - which I think is about 10 years old (and controlled) lol - is at 400 PAR. Both are thriving. Conversely, Some of the mushrooms when they split tend to go to the lower light area - and then gradually come out. I think the more light you use - the more flow you need (and I have I believe) well above average back and forth flow - with 2 gyres on opposite ends of the tank
Interesting thanks for the feedback. I think that's the highest par I've seen anyone running shrooms. I feel like I could get my minecraft there over time easily. I have several shrooms that need to be up on rack with the Yumas and St Thomas and plan on expanding back rack all the way across back to get the more light needy guys happy. Problem im having is I have a bunch that also don't want or need alot of light so trying to keep a happy medium I guess.
Glad you brought up flow. I have some that love it especially the shrooms on rack. Then I have exact opposite that want to ball up and float away if to much flow. Ive actually lost a bunch of babies during recent upgrade due to to much flow. Getting ready to build some custom shroom boxes for those guys.
I actually had to turn off one of my wave makers. I am pushing 700gph or more water through the 80 I just need to figure out a way to deflect it around the tank better. It is quite violent in there atm lol

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back