Sharing Photos and looking for ID's as well.

NapoliNewJersey

Achilles Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked these up at the NJRC fragswap. Looking for ID's on number 2, 4, and 5

IMG_4635.jpg

Sunset Monti

IMG_4636.jpg

Blue Polyp Unknown

IMG_4637.jpg

Wild Rainbow Monti

IMG_4638.jpg

Green Polyp Unknow

IMG_4643.jpg

Sold to me as Purple Nana but I think it's GARF Purple Bonsai

IMG_4648.jpg

Green Speckeled Chalice

IMG_4649.jpg

Tyree Undata

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those look really nice! I love that purple nana as well! I have one, but right now it is brown. :(

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone.

Do you guys really think that is Purple Nana .. it really doesn't look like it. Looks more like Bonsai.

bonsai and nana are synonymous descriptions of the same coral......same goes with "tri-color".

you can only call it the "GARF bonsai" if you can specifically trace the origin of the frag back to the someone who bought it from GARF.

there are tons of different varieties of nana acros, tri-color acros, and valida acros out on the market. 90% of them are purple w/ green polyps one way or another in a variety of shapes and forms.

nana and valida are actually 2 different types of acro species......while "bonsai" and "tri-color" are just general names given to purple w/ green polyps.....and sometimes a brown base or blue tips....sometimes a green base could be mixed in.

when someone labels one as "GARF", "Atlantis", or "Tyree" or some sort of name in front of it, that means the lineage of the frag can be traced back to that person or store. normally these corals are picked b/c they look better than the other 90% of corals of the same species in the hobby.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back