Sharing some of my art and sculpture with you guys.

Would you want one?

• I'd love one!

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Not my style.

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there everyone! I've got some art to share with you all, hope you enjoy the thread as it develops over the months.

I've been working on some sculptures lately that I plan to sell (possibly through R2R), but wanted to gauge the market out there before I started making too many of them (though half of the joy obtained through art is in making it itself).
I don't really know what else to say lol Please do message me if you would be interested in one of these, art is one of my biggest passions in life and I would love to work with some of you to make you something.
This isn't a sale thread, more of an exhibition to gauge interest. In the next week or so, after I make a few more pieces, I may start a sale thread to sell some of them.

Number one this one I'm keeping: Rainbow Acanthophyllia
IMG_1978.JPG
IMG_1972.JPG
IMG_1974.JPG
IMG_1975.JPG

Number two: Ultra Indophyllia. This one will most likely be offered for sale.
IMG_1988.JPG
IMG_1991.JPG
IMG_1992.JPG

I'll be working over this week to make a few more and may put up a sale thread to sell them. This thread will be updated and kept as a portfolio.
See you all later and God bless!

1guydude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are just sculptures to sit on a shelf or kitchen table? Entry way pieces? Very kool. Id like to see basic white pictures.
D

OP
OP
Mr_Knightley

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are just sculptures to sit on a shelf or kitchen table? Entry way pieces? Very kool. Id like to see basic white pictures.
D
They are mounted on wooden bases with felt on the bottom, but could easily be mounted on a wall with hangers. These two are a little bit top heavy so I wouldn't hang them, but I could easily make flatter ones for wall mounting.
I completely forgot to take white pics lol I'll get some in a minute, thanks for reminding me!

1guydude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didnt know if they were for the actual insides of our tanks?! Lol. Very kool art. I look fwd to the pictures.
D

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool! What do you make them out of?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow!! Wonderful!

OP
OP
Mr_Knightley

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool!!! Are there going to be scolys, cynaria, lobos, trachys, etc in the future?
I plan on branching out to different genera soon, my next projects will be Cynarinas and Scolies mostly. The first one I ever made was a Trachy for the R2RSS event last year, I didn't get any pics before I sent it out though sadly.
Very cool! What do you make them out of?
I make them out of polymer clay and paint them with acrylics and fluorescent pigments.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow! Thank you for sharing!!!

OP
OP
Mr_Knightley

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I've put the indophyllia up for sale! Check it out if you get the chance, it would help me out a lot.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love those. They would make a nice change for kids to see them with full color and tentacles and such. Currently I show skeletons and pictures, but a few of those would be amazing for kids to touch and see.

To explain a bit... I run an educational outreach program for kids. I bring a 6g reef and all kinds of other stuff (skeletons, puzzles, books, crafts, lego, shells, games, pictures, etc).

OP
OP
Mr_Knightley

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love those. They would make a nice change for kids to see them with full color and tentacles and such. Currently I show skeletons and pictures, but a few of those would be amazing for kids to touch and see.

To explain a bit... I run an educational outreach program for kids. I bring a 6g reef and all kinds of other stuff (skeletons, puzzles, books, crafts, lego, shells, games, pictures, etc).

That sounds like a fun job! I would absolutely love to work with you to make some pieces that would withstand handling better, and I could probably give you a school discount as well. I've got nine nephews and nieces myself and definitely understand how helpful it can be to feel and touch what they are learning about. Please feel free to message me if you're interested, I would love to work with you!

OP
OP
Mr_Knightley

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice can I purchase one
I just put my larger one up for sale and will have two or three more for sale by early March. I may also be able to work with you to make one custom, but I'm away from home right now and am not in a position where I can easily talk. Thanks for the interest my friend!

OP
OP
Mr_Knightley

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't spoil me.
Can you make me some 1/2" frags?
Like tenuis frags? I may be able to make you a few scaled up frags (or life size, but that would be a bit underwhelming). I'm sure I could work something out with you though if you are serious about it, I think that could be fun.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 72 38.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back