Sharing Triton results, trace dosing and Marinepure

Jstn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my first set of triton ICP results back and they are better than I expected: I have a 120 mixed reef; I run carbon dosing (my own ethanol, vinegar mixed based of NOPOX), I dose BRS calcium and soda ash mixed with Fauna Marine trace (1,2,3) and I have a marine pure 4x4x8" block in my sump and run ROX carbon along with GFO. I change 20 gal/ month and the tank has been running as such for ~18 months.

First thing I noticed is in the "unwanted heavy metals" I had no detectable amounts, including aluminum, its safe to say my block isn't leaching, what ever leaches out is undetectable or consumed/exported (carbon GFO) which was by first concern as my SPS aren't doing so well in the growth and color department.

Second thing is after dosing these Fauna Marine trace elements, I don't see any of the trace elements in excess which is good. I am thinking of dosing MO and I to the tank to see what effects it has, outside of that my plan is stay the course and not remove the marinepure

Attachments

• doc.pdf
    119.2 KB · Views: 94

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it does look good and it suggests you might benefit from more trace elements, but I’d treat that as an experiment where you look for an effect, as opposed to just assuming it will be better. [emoji3]

OP
OP
J

Jstn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updating :

Interestingly my Alum was listed as 0.00µg/L 6-2018, i reran the test after 6 months and have a alum level of 9.68 µg/L 12-2018 and just got my results with it being 19.22 µg/L, not sure the accuracy of the measurements but it would appear my alum levels are increasing, I wonder if the marine pure has a lifespan in saltwater before degrading?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back