Sharkbait19

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does your QT routine look like?
30 days in copper, 2 rounds of prazi pro 7-9 days each. If the fish accepts pellets, I try to throw in some NLS Hexshield. Usually the fish seem fine on day one, but it’s best to treat them like they are sick before they enter the main system.

08TRDOFFROAD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
30 days in copper, 2 rounds of prazi pro 7-9 days each. If the fish accepts pellets, I try to throw in some NLS Hexshield. Usually the fish seem fine on day one, but it’s best to treat them like they are sick before they enter the main system.
Haven't heard of hexshield before. Have always fed Thera-A though! Have fed it exclusively with intermittent frozen foods to my pair of clowns and they are 13 years old now.

OP
OP
Sharkbait19

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't heard of hexshield before. Have always fed Thera-A though! Have fed it exclusively with intermittent frozen foods to my pair of clowns and they are 13 years old now.
They don’t make it anymore, but I had some leftover from a while ago. It’s good as an antiparasitic (not sure how well it actually works though).
Good job on the clowns - I hope mine make it that long!

Last edited:

08TRDOFFROAD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don’t make it anymore, but I had some leftover from a while ago. It’s good as an antiparasitic (not sure how well it actually works though).
Good job on the clowns - I hope mine make it that long!
Sounds like a similar concept as their Thera-A line then. Helps boost the immune systems of the fish.

OP
OP
Sharkbait19

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, after a failed attempt at giving Luxo and Sharkbait a tankmate in the 13.5, the 40 Breeder has received the unexpected addition of a molly!

While the goal in the 13.5 was always to try something cheap enough to not break the bank if things went sideways, I couldn’t help but feel bad if Luxo decided to kill the molly, a scenario that was seeming more likely with each split fin that appeared.
IMG_1611.jpeg
IMG_1605.jpeg

08TRDOFFROAD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Molly died. :(
It stinks because I thought I did a good job acclimating him, and he seemed to be well adjusted to the environment. My guess it that either he did worse than I thought, or one of the other fish picked on him.
IMG_1610.jpeg
That sucks, man!

OP
OP
Sharkbait19

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad to say that the pistol shrimp died. This was my first (and probably last) attempt at quarantining inverts. It was an attempt at mitigating the risk of introducing ich to my DT, but in hindsight, I probably was just putting the inverts through poor conditions. The starfish and cyphastrea were moved into the display tanks.
IMG_1686.jpeg

I was quite impressed by how this one looked too. I don’t think I’ve ever seen one with blue claws and legs before.

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In understand QT of inverts can be challenging. Not an LFS, but I usually buy inverts from ReefCleaners since they run fishless tanks--not a guarantee against disease hitchhiking in, but minimizing the risk at least.

OP
OP
Sharkbait19

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I usually get general CUC from Reef Cleaners, but usually get more specific inverts at the store. If I were to get another pistol shrimp, I’ll probably just put it straight into the DT and take the small risk of disease, as I have in the past.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 119 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back