OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I happen to have a little free time on Monday, oh and Wednesday too, and happened to accidentally drive to my LFS were several things fell into plastic bags, as they do!!

I got a few more corals and 2 more anthias for my 'shoal'! The anthias are really beautiful.

IMG_0837.JPG

IMG_0839.JPG

IMG_0840.JPG

IMG_0846.JPG

IMG_0841.JPG

IMG_0842.JPG

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I happen to have a little free time on Monday, oh and Wednesday too, and happened to accidentally drive to my LFS were several things fell into plastic bags, as they do!!

I got a few more corals and 2 more anthias for my 'shoal'! The anthias are really beautiful.
Lol,
fell into bags!!!!!! ;Hilarious

Shaun,
Your 650 is a masterpiece. :)

Freddie

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was watching one of the new corals last night and as it got darker it sort of wrapped itself up in a most strange way....

In normal light

IMG_0840.JPG

As it gets darker

IMG_0874.JPG

Full tank shot

IMG_0870.JPG

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Regal Tang has decided he likes the taste of zoa's and has decided to start eating the green one at the top right of the rock structure! I'm currently looking at fish traps!

He was swimming around like a lunatic yesterday looking for food and only stopped when I put a seaweed clip in. I'm wondering if I should start feeding them a little more. He is quiet a big fish now so I assume he needs more food?

I currently feed 2 frozen cubes (gamma) of 6 variations (mysis etc) around 1-2pm and then about 3 pinches of mixed pellets around 4-5pm. About twice a week I add some seaweed on a clip.

I am conscious of any increase in nutrients (nitrates mainly) and when I put the food in it all goes straight away and certainly within a minute or so. It's a mad feeding frenzy!

You can see how many fish I have. They are all healthy but any thoughts on how much they should be fed ?

The accused...

IMG_0812.JPG

Last edited:

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shaun,
I'm sorry.
If you could put in a nori clip that last all day could help but you'd have a ton waste in the water column. :eek:

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very Nice Tank and fish collection you have Shaun, I love your regal and triggers.
I am wondering about the triggers, how reef safe are they and do you have any shrimps in the tank ?

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Regal Tang has decided he likes the taste of zoa's and has decided to start eating the green one at the top right of the rock structure! I'm currently looking at fish traps!

He was swimming around like a lunatic yesterday looking for food and only stopped when I put a seaweed clip in. I'm wondering if I should start feeding them a little more. He is quiet a big fish now so I assume he needs more food?

I currently feed 2 frozen cubes (gamma) of 6 variations (mysis etc) around 1-2pm and then about 3 pinches of mixed pellets around 4-5pm. About twice a week I add some seaweed on a clip.

I am conscious of any increase in nutrients (nitrates mainly) and when I put the food in it all goes straight away and certainly within a minute or so. It's a mad feeding frenzy!

You can see how many fish I have. They are all healthy but any thoughts on how much they should be fed ?

The accused...

IMG_0812.JPG

I have fat fish, meaning that I feed well to keep the fish from eating everything else in the tank. All my co habitants like the nori event my matted filefish:eek: Just remember the more one feeds the higher the waist output is ;)

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very Nice Tank and fish collection you have Shaun, I love your regal and triggers.
I am wondering about the triggers, how reef safe are they and do you have any shrimps in the tank ?
From my memory. ;Oldman
The Blue Throat triggers are about the most reef-safe triggers you can keep and they have a different shaped mouth :) but... (lol) Their still triggers.
Looks like Shaun's Regal has behaving his self too. :D

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my memory. ;Oldman
The Blue Throat triggers are about the most reef-safe triggers you can keep and they have a different shaped mouth :) but... (lol) Their still triggers.
Looks like Shaun's Regal has behaving his self too. :D

I not worrying about the regal angel, Regal is one of the safest and most peaceful angel out there. I Have an emperor (supposedly more aggressive ) for 1 year with no issues except rare nips if he was so hungry

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I not worrying about the regal angel, Regal is one of the safest and most peaceful angel out there. I Have an emperor (supposedly more aggressive ) for 1 year with no issues except rare nips if he was so hungry
I'll let Shaun give you his feelings about the Blue Throats.
He has a beautiful pair and they've been in his 650 for a fairly long time.

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks fabutahoun

The Blue Throat Triggers are a pair (well sold as such anyway) and 'to date' are Reef safe and I also have several Shrimps and all get along fine

The Triggers are real characters and although they live under the rocks on the left hand side of my tank, they have also been digging a nest I believe on the far left.

The Regal Angel is currently very well behaved and has settled in well without any issues. But as GoVols (Freddie)says 'there is always Tomorrow'!!

The following are a couple of videos showing there antics. I apologise for non HD but it wouldn't let me upload.

The female looks a bit fatter but they aren't going to get much of a nest because of the glass bottom but they are trying!

Last edited:
OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have fat fish, meaning that I feed well to keep the fish from eating everything else in the tank. All my co habitants like the nori event my matted filefish:eek: Just remember the more one feeds the higher the waist output is ;)

Yes this is a slight issue I have at the moment. I am dosing NoPox but my nitrates are around 10-16ppm and i need to get this down to <10ppm ideally so although it's still under control I need to address it.

I'm just away at the moment so didn't want to change anything before I went, but I'm going to turn the skimmer up, I wet skim now but I'm going go 'wetter', and I have also been looking at Marine Pure Blocks and also the Brightwell Xport NO3 Bricks. Basically, although I have a lot of live rock already I'm thinking I can increase Nitrate removal even more by adding one of these and seeding it.

I have a high bio load, and I guess the reason the Regal Tang is eating Zoas is because he hungry so I need to address that, but I also need to remove the extra waste output. Phosphate is in check at 0-0.03ppm as I use Rhowaphos

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shaun,
Did you already have your clam in your smaller setup before you bought the 650?

Freddie

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 69 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back