Here’s another picture of one

10754571312_IMG_3309.jpg

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this has been asked already but how are your angels with the Corals? The Regal, flame, and Coral Beauty. Is there one more than the others that are problem childs.

They are doing great, if you think that 3 angels is too much, just click on my signature.

Sorry Shaun for the hijack :D

Last edited:
OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this has been asked already but how are your angels with the Corals? The Regal, flame, and Coral Beauty. Is there one more than the others that are problem childs.
As far as I’m aware, they are all fine with corals, the coral beauty is a major bully to new inhabitants though.

Something is bothering some of the ‘lobo’ corals and I’m not sure if it fish or something else, who knows! Lol

Maybe it’s a long term low magnesium level which was picked up on a Triton test, rather than the useless Red Sea one (replaced with NYOS). Certainly many of the corals are looking much better now the magnesium is at its correct level and I am aware of its critical role in the water chemistry

And Fadi, you can hijack whenever you want! Lol

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been away in the Bahamas for 10 days and arrived home to find the tank better than when I left it. It’s fascinating looking at the Apex graphs showing pH rise when I was away amongst other things

Since raising the magnesium levels back to the correct amounts following the Triton test, all corals look much healthier and for me it’s very clear to see what Magnesium actually does. Growth has come back and also on certain corals the colours and they look much healthier. I had a cabbage coral that had faded in colour, and it’s now back to neon green glowing away

Whilst away I was thinking about the Red Sea Reef Energy and I’m sure they’ve changed something in the formula and I’ve decided to go back and try Polyplab Reef Roids along with Polyp Booster. I tried it for the first time yesterday and the feeding response was very noticeable on the corals even with the first dose. I think I’ll use this just 1-2 times per week and also use the last of the Reef Energy which I’m pretty sure I won’t replace.

Anyway I know everyone likes pictures so here’s Dougy having a little manicure.....

7518881088_IMG_1266.jpg

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been away in the Bahamas for 10 days and arrived home to find the tank better than when I left it. It’s fascinating looking at the Apex graphs showing pH rise when I was away amongst other things

Since raising the magnesium levels back to the correct amounts following the Triton test, all corals look much healthier and for me it’s very clear to see what Magnesium actually does. Growth has come back and also on certain corals the colours and they look much healthier. I had a cabbage coral that had faded in colour, and it’s now back to neon green glowing away

Whilst away I was thinking about the Red Sea Reef Energy and I’m sure they’ve changed something in the formula and I’ve decided to go back and try Polyplab Reef Roids along with Polyp Booster. I tried it for the first time yesterday and the feeding response was very noticeable on the corals even with the first dose. I think I’ll use this just 1-2 times per week and also use the last of the Reef Energy which I’m pretty sure I won’t replace.

Anyway I know everyone likes pictures so here’s Dougy having a little manicure.....

7518881088_IMG_1266.jpg

LOL, so funny our tanks do better when we are not home. We are often the worst thing for them once they are established. Where are the pictures of the trip?

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, so funny our tanks do better when we are not home. We are often the worst thing for them once they are established. Where are the pictures of the trip?

To be honest I didn’t take many pictures, but here is the view from one of the bars! Lol

IMG_0393.jpg

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

7518881088_IMG_1266.jpg

It is true, our tanks do so much better without us bothering the inhabitants and trying to correct things.... lol

Beautiful pic, those cleaner wrasses are really provide a service to their tank mates.

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Beautiful! Yeah, I am usually more about enjoying the moment as opposed to capturing it.

That is what life is really about! enjoy the moment rather than pics or facebook! +1

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is what life is really about! enjoy the moment rather than pics or facebook! +1

What's facebook! lol I have an account but don't use it. I don't know if its just me but I see everyone else taking pictures of their breakfast and dinners and then immediately afterwards doing the keyboard shuffle frantically as presumably they tell everyone else in the world how great they are! Maybe its me...…

Beautiful View ,
Enjoying the sun while everybody in the US is freezing !!

No Fadi, everyone in the US was there I think ! lol

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's facebook! lol I have an account but don't use it. I don't know if its just me but I see everyone else taking pictures of their breakfast and dinners and then immediately afterwards doing the keyboard shuffle frantically as presumably they tell everyone else in the world how great they are! Maybe its me...…

No Fadi, everyone in the US was there I think ! lol

I know! I closed my Facebook account 5 years ago...

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I find myself with a continuing little dilemma with regards to doing water changes. Its been around 8 weeks since the last one do to holidays. Normally I do them once a month, but the tank just all looks fine

Apart from the sump being a little more dirty than usual the tank looks spotless, the water crystal clear, Triton ICP test clear, so why oh why should I do a water change. My mind just tells me I should because that's what I've always done...…….

It could also be to do with the fact its freezing cold and wet outside (my water change facility is in the outside garage) so I think what I might do is just wait until the weather improves in a few weeks and then revisit my thoughts then. Its not a big job and I don't mind doing it really but it just seems unnecessary.

I understand the benefits on new tanks and maybe up to 1-2 years old, but I wonder how many of you guys with tanks say over 2 years old still do regular changes when everything is stable and no issues ?

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still doing water changes. The tank is close to 2 years now.
I recently changed from every 2 weeks to every 3 weeks.
It will save me about 30% of water. Lol
Well this is basically what I’ve done so far, I went from weekly to every 2 weeks, to every 4 weeks and now I’m at 8 weeks. So I save a fortune in salt and RO water that’s for sure!

Infact the LFS asked me yesterday if I needed any as I hadn’t purchased any for months!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand the benefits on new tanks and maybe up to 1-2 years old, but I wonder how many of you guys with tanks say over 2 years old still do regular changes when everything is stable and no issues ?
I think the biggest advantage to doing water changes is replacing trace elements. For people using calcium reactors I doubt there is much value. For those of us who dose 2 part, we either need to do water changes or use trace element supplements to keep them up. It may not be a problem for a few months but I would worry about it longer term.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 37.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back