OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moi jealous, *stomps off to the vodka bottle*! ;)
Love it, big **** refugium! :)

"bottomed"
It would have had a bigger refugium but I had to reduce it because of the size of the NYOS Quantum 300, just to make sure there was plenty of room for it.

But the refugium is still huge!

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would have had a bigger refugium but I had to reduce it because of the size of the NYOS Quantum 300, just to make sure there was plenty of room for it.

But the refugium is still huge!

I have the 160, yeh ok, you need more room for it! ;)

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Silence!!! Lol

749DB51E-DCC6-4CA6-BD33-4D0731790D92.jpeg

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Incredible tank size and equipment. I am excited to watch it evolve into a reef.
Being SPS and that big of a tank you will still Dos. Wouldn’t you be better with a calcium reactor? Not doubting you just learning
I was initially looking at calcium reactors in particular the Deltec Twin Tech 3000 here

Trouble is I’ve never used one, so I decided to stick to what I know initially and then reconsider this option if and when I need to in the future.

The principal looks simple enough but the practicality and ease of use, for me I’m not sure.

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive just placed and paid for the order (which 'hurt' a little!) for all the equipment. Most is what I posted before but here's a bit of an update of some of the items. It should be delivered on a pallet in around 7 days or so when its all in stock from Charterhouse Aquatics.

Ecotech have an offer on at the moment so I had to get the order placed before the end of the month to take advantage of this, otherwise I would have waited a few weeks.

Abyzz a200 return pump
Ecotech Radion XR30w G4 Pro LED x 4
Ecotech Radion RMS Tank mounts x 4
Ecotech Vortech MP60wQD x 2
Ecotech Vortech MP40wQD x 1 (for the centre of the tank)
Ecotech battery backups x 3
Real Reef Rock Premium x 150kg (to start! Lol)
NYOS Quantum 300 protein skimmer
Clarisea SK5000
Clarisea SK5000 XL Fleece
Deltec FR512 rhowaphos reactor
DD 80w UVC
Neptune Apex 2016 Fusion (yes an additional one!)
Neptune Apex DOS (for auto water changes/dosing) x 2
Neptune Apex Vortech WXM Module (to control/monitor Radion/Vortech)
Neptune Apex Magnetic Probe holder
Neptune Apex Auto Top Off ATK
Neptune Apex 2’ flow sensor (to monitor flow from return pump)
2 x 425 litre water containers for RODI and automatic water changes to be kept outside
Plastic Shed to house outside water change and RODI container and system
ATM Colony x 5 946ml (no I’m not using dead shrimps!! Lol)
Red Sea Reef Pink Live Sand x 70kg
Red Sea Standard salt x 6 22kg buckets
32mm PVC pipe and various fittings including ball valves, unions etc. The main downflow return pipe will have a more expensive gate valve fitted by the tank builders as there more accurate

Ive not ordered the Teco TK2000e R290 chiller/heater/WiFi yet as its currently supplied without a heater pending European approval and since I wont need it until next year I may as well wait and not waste the warranty. Ive also not ordered the additional Apex Auto feeder as Ill use the one I have now when needed.

I was going to order 3 of the Apex DOS units to include Magnesium and possible carbon dosing, but I remember in the current system when I was doing weekly water changes Magnesium was always high as its not used up that much and the new saltwater kept up with demand. If I need another ill get one as and when required, but again no point wasting the warranty period if not needed. And these arnt cheap either.

I have Apex in the current system and things like the Breakout Box Ill transfer over as they arnt really used much in the S 650. This will be for float switches for the RO/Saltwater systems etc.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive just placed and paid for the order (which 'hurt' a little!) for all the equipment.
Abyzz a200 return pump

Shaun,
I bookmarked an Abyzz video for you awhile back.

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shaun,
I bookmarked an Abyzz video for you awhile back.

Funnily enough, that’s exactly the one I watched Freddie, coincidence or what and it explains how good they are very well.

I asked about your return plumbing size because on the a200 it 40mm exit and my pipework will be 32mm (other than the main downpipes which are 40mm) so I’ve got to reduce it slightly. Looking at the a100 it’s slightly less as you said at 25mm (just under an inch)

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow... just wow... crazy excited to see the build updated for the new tank. It's gonna be amazing.
Thanks for stopping by and it’s about to get exciting!

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to give everyone an update as well, Im expecting the tank to be installed either in the next 10 days or 3-4 weeks because I’m away in between

We are just awaiting delivery of the cabinet doors etc, everything else is ready and the builders want it out ASAP because it’s taking up a huge space in the workshop!

Most of the equipment should be here on Friday assuming it’s all arrived in stock

To be honest my mind is about to explode thinking about everything, so I made the decision to stop a few days ago so am just thinking ‘a little bit’ now! Lol

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back