SPR1968

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet, so jealous. :)
You wouldn’t have been jealous this morning when me and my wife were pumping 850 litres of water into it whilst I was silently praying to the salt gods that the tank builders had done a good job!

I couldn’t help myself but keep making discreet cautious (hopeful!) glances around the floor! Lol

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes those are Hydra 26’s HD x 4 on the S650 and the light settings are the Red Sea reef spec but they go blue from 7pm.

1E5C2FC9-3CF2-4EAE-8451-C9C8348039D3.jpeg
Nive... really good look on the tank...

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy! Giant tank is wet and that's awesome!
I’ve been smiling at this all day! Lol

I’m just waiting for the next 850 litres of water which should be ready in a few days and then I’ll finish filing the display. The water for the sump, about 500 litres, is ready in barrels, and then that will be the last time I’m lifting heavy barrels around as everything is now automated.

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the NYOS 160 In the S650 is still playing up. It’s producing skim but the water level in the cup needs to be about just 2 inches from the top, which is clearly to high and even there the skim is not really ‘wet’. And it’s noisy and rattling or at least more than it used to be

NYOS support say ‘it may’ need a new impeller which are around £40 but the skimmers 3 years old and I’m not convinced there’s anything wrong with the impeller as it looked fine. So is it the pump as well.......

So having reviewed various ones, I think I’m going to get one of these with the CSM neck cleaner. The Deltec 1000ix All my other Deltec equipment is very well made.

I’m just awaiting a reply from DD on wether to get the DC or AC version. I’m swaying towards AC unless Tony there tells me different

Last edited:
OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this the 1st issue with the nyos for u?
Yes this is the first time I’ve had a problem with it. It’s been very good and of course I have the NYOS Quantum 300 in the new system

I’m just not sure it’s worth repairing it, to just find it’s not the impeller and it’s something else. I’m wondering if it’s the pump maybe.

The Deltec just looks very simple, functional and the head cleaner will mean less maintenance.

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called Charterhouse Aquatics this morning to order a new skimmer, and as usual my contact there was very helpful and said the only thing that can be wrong with the skimmer is either the impeller or the pump, and they can easily get replacement parts in a few days, which is the whole point why the skimmer is designed the way it is.

To replace these both was around £165 as opposed to £365 or £400 for a new skimmer.The odd thing is, a new skimmer doesn't seem expensive with what Ive spent!

So Ive ordered replacement parts which should arrive next week, as i have been happy with the NYOS to date.

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I sneeze near my 160 it goes off skim but is a little silent skimming monster when it is dialed in! ;)
They are very good Simon, and as you know, I have the NYOS Quantum 300 ready for the new system which should be filled this weekend

I never thought about replacing the parts to be honest, and I was thinking Deltec just for a change as the other equipment is very well designed.

Last edited:

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are very good Simon, and as you know, I have the NYOS Quantum 300 ready for the new system which should be filled this weekend

I never though about replacing the parts to be honest, and I was thinking Deltec just for a change as the other equipment is very well designed.

I am interested to see how you get on with the 300, looks great.

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, as I can never remember all the fish I have I’ll start a list.

I’m not even going to bother with corals as by the time I’ve paid for them at the shop, I’ve forgotten their names already! Lol

The rest of the water should be in the tank this weekend and then I’ll start circulating the water and getting it up to temperature.

Ive been to the LFS today and ordered the first batch of fish. These are nothing fancy, but nice, and are just to start the system off following the addition of 5 x 946ml (32oz) of ATM Colony

And I’ve had to take a picture of the receipt because I’ve forgotten what i ordered already! Lol

Shaun’s 2000 Litre (530usg) Fish List

Green Chromis x 9
Yellow Chromis x 6
Black Bar Chromis x 8
Springers Damsels x 7 (they eat bad things and aren’t as antisocial as other types!)

So that’s 30 small fish reserved. I’d forgotten how much they can cost when purchased in bulk, although it worked out at around £7 per fish

The next to go in once these have settled will be around 20-30 Lyretail Anthias although these haven’t been ordered yet

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang that's a lot of fish. Even if they're all smaller, still quite a stock. Looking forward to seeing everything start to get inside!
What you have to remember is the size. The display alone it 1500 litres

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called Charterhouse Aquatics this morning to order a new skimmer, and as usual my contact there was very helpful and said the only thing that can be wrong with the skimmer is either the impeller or the pump, and they can easily get replacement parts in a few days, which is the whole point why the skimmer is designed the way it is.

To replace these both was around £165 as opposed to £365 or £400 for a new skimmer.The odd thing is, a new skimmer doesn't seem expensive with what Ive spent!

So Ive ordered replacement parts which should arrive next week, as i have been happy with the NYOS to date.
Following this closely my friend, my Nyos 160 is still working like a champ after its first year.

Back