SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm guessing it is a large rubber band.
You are correct, Engineering at its finest. Hope it doesn’t snap!! Lol

Fortunately there is not much load on it, just extra support.

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say the water clarity and corals looks very healthy since starting with the ALR2 reactor.

I can’t really explain it, or is it my eyes! Lol

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After months of planning this, here we go on a new adventure.....

My new tank has been built and I’m just awaiting the cabinet and sump to be finished before it’s delivered which will be in around 6 weeks.

I intend to keep the S650 going at least for the foreseeable future although all fish will move to the new system and I’ll move the corals, probably fragging them as I go. I could keep the S650 and use it as a frag/quarantine tank but I’ll give that some thought as the new system evolves. Or I might just keep it as it is with different new fish and let it continue to mature.

I think the system will be primarily SPS, along with anything else that catches my eye.

The display is around 1500 litres with a sump of around 500 litres so all in all a system volume of 2000 litres or just slightly under.

2900 x 770mm x 710mm (Deep) approx

I’ve been today to design how the sump is divided up and it will include a refugium section but I’ve had black acrylic used for the dividers to reduce light spill into the other sections

I’m trying to automate the tank and tasks as much as possible, using what I’ve learned, and will also be building in redundancy systems including a separate return pump and pipe into the tank so that in the event of failure of the main return, this can be switched on from anywhere in the world. Ill use my spare Red Sea pump for this for the time being as although it’s only 7500lph, that’s enough for an emergency or temporary back up.

I’ll have battery backups on the Ecotech Vortech’s and I think this should be enough for emergency flow coverage from power failure. Power is fairly reliable in the UK but I can always add an Vectra L2 with battery if I feel the need in the future

I’ve been considering the return pump for a while, and for me there was only one option. Abyzz. I was originally looking at the a400 but the a200 will provide more than enough flow for the return and to run the other equipment. This will seriously reduce the need for additional pumps and the maintenance needed. Abyzz has a 10 year warranty with great reliability but their not cheap.

For dosing I was thinking Apex DOS but they cost a fortune and I need at least 4 heads possibly 8. So I’m thinking to get the new Kamoer F4 as I more than happy with my current older version.

The current equipment list is as follows which I’ll order in the next week or so and there are a few other consumables etc.

Abyzz a200 return pump
Ecotech Radion XR30w G4 Pro LED x 4
Ecotech Radion RMS Tank mounts x 4
Ecotech Vortech MP60wQD x 2
Ecotech Vortech MP40wQD x 1
Ecotech battery backups x 3
Real Reef Rock Premium x 150kg (to start! Lol)
NYOS Quantum 300 protein skimmer
Teco TK2000e R290 chiller/heater/WiFi
Clarisea SK5000 (edit changed to X Filter 1.7)
Deltec FR512 rhowaphos reactor
DD 80w UVC
Neptune Apex 2016 Fusion (yes an additional one!)
Neptune Apex DOS (for auto water changes)
Neptune Apex Vortech WXM Module (to control/monitor Radion/Vortech)
Neptune Apex Auto feeder
Neptune Apex Magnetic Probe holder
Neptune Apex Auto Top Off ATK (edit changed to Tunze Osmolator with outsell socket, Eheim 2100)
Neptune Apex 2’ flow sensor (to monitor flow from return pump)
Neptune Apex Optical level sensors x 2 (for ATO and saltwater containers)
2 x 425 litre water containers for RODI and automatic water changes to be kept outside
ATM Colony x 5 946ml (no I’m not using dead shrimps!! Lol)
Red Sea Reef Pink Live Sand x 70kg
Red Sea Standard salt x 6 22kg buckets
Easy Dose 5 litre container x 3

So there you go, any ideas and thoughts are welcome so off we go.......

Last edited:
OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shaun,

Sounds great!!

How long before you start a new build thread?

Freddie
I was going to just continue this one as there linked really. So I’ve amended the title

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to just continue this one as there linked really. So I’ve amended the title

Lol
Got any blueprints, that you can post?

:p

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After months of planning this, here we go on a new adventure.....

My new tank has been built and I’m just awaiting the cabinet and sump to be finished before it’s delivered which will be in around 6 weeks.

I intend to keep the S650 going at least for the foreseeable future although all fish will move to the new system and I’ll move the corals, probably fragging them as I go. I could keep the S650 and use it as a frag/quarantine tank but I’ll give that some thought as the new system evolves. Or I might just keep it as it is with different new fish and let it continue to mature.

I think the system will be primarily SPS, along with anything else that catches my eye.

The display is around 1500 litres with a sump of around 500 litres so all in all a system volume of 2000 litres or just slightly under.

2900 x 770mm x 710mm (Deep) approx

I’ve been today to design how the sump is divided up and it will include a refugium section but I’ve had black acrylic used for the dividers to reduce light spill into the other sections

I’m trying to automate the tank and tasks as much as possible, using what I’ve learned, and will also be building in redundancy systems including a separate return pump and pipe into the tank so that in the event of failure of the main return, this can be switched on from anywhere in the world. Ill use my spare Red Sea pump for this for the time being as although it’s only 7500lph, that’s enough for an emergency or temporary back up.

I’ll have battery backups on the Ecotech Vortech’s and I think this should be enough for emergency flow coverage from power failure. Power is fairly reliable in the UK but I can always add an Vectra L2 with battery if I feel the need in the future

I’ve been considering the return pump for a while, and for me there was only one option. Abyzz. I was originally looking at the a400 but the a200 will provide more than enough flow for the return and to run the other equipment. This will seriously reduce the need for additional pumps and the maintenance needed. Abyzz has a 10 year warranty with great reliability but their not cheap.

For dosing I was thinking Apex DOS but they cost a fortune and I need at least 4 heads possibly 8. So I’m thinking to get the new Kamoer F4 as I more than happy with my current older version.

The current equipment list is as follows which I’ll order in the next week or so and there are a few other consumables etc.

Abyzz a200 return pump
Ecotech Radion XR30w G4 Pro LED x 4
Ecotech Radion RMS Tank mounts x 4
Ecotech Vortech MP60wQD x 2
Ecotech Vortech MP40wQD x 1
Ecotech battery backups x 3
Real Reef Rock Premium x 150kg (to start! Lol)
NYOS Quantum 300 protein skimmer
Teco TK2000e R290 chiller/heater/WiFi
Clarisea SK5000
Deltec FR512 rhowaphos reactor
DD 80w UVC
Neptune Apex 2016 Fusion (yes an additional one!)
Neptune Apex DOS (for auto water changes)
Neptune Apex Vortech WXM Module (to control/monitor Radion/Vortech)
Neptune Apex Auto feeder
Neptune Apex Magnetic Probe holder
Neptune Apex Auto Top Off ATK
Neptune Apex 2’ flow sensor (to monitor flow from return pump)
Neptune Apex Optical level sensors x 2 (for ATO and saltwater containers)
2 x 425 litre water containers for RODI and automatic water changes to be kept outside
ATM Colony x 5 946ml (no I’m not using dead shrimps!! Lol)
Red Sea Reef Pink Live Sand x 70kg
Red Sea Standard salt x 6 22kg buckets
Easy Dose 5 litre container x 3

So there you go, any ideas and thoughts are welcome so off we go.......
Congratulations ! ;Woot That list looks really good Shaun, the Abyzz, Apex, Nyos skimmer and of course the Radion and Vortech. I hope we can watch it soon!

One thing, you are spending a ton of money in fancy equipment and livestock and complaining about the DOS price? LOL

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing, you are spending a ton of money in fancy equipment and livestock and complaining about the DOS price? LOL

.... ;Hilarious

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations ! ;Woot That list looks really good Shaun, the Abyzz, Apex, Nyos skimmer and of course the Radion and Vortech. I hope we can watch it soon!

I knew someone would say that ! Lol

It just seems to much for dosing pumps and I need 8 including coral colours. My brain says to much.

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I knew someone would say that ! Lol

It just seems to much for dosing pumps and I need 8 including coral colours. My brain says to much.
Remember that if you go Trident, as I thing you will.... (and you know you will ;Woot).The Apex-Trident-DOS automatically adjust the dosing per the Trident measurements. I do not know if you would be able to do that with Kamoer.

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remember that if you go Trident, as I thing you will.... (and you know you will ;Woot).The Apex-Trident-DOS automatically adjust the dosing per the Trident measurements. I do not know if you would be able to do that with Kamoer.
I know Pancho, that’s why I haven’t purchased the Kamoer yet! Lol

I’m currently wrestling with my over active mind. Because I currently manually dose coral colours for safety I could just get 2 additional units so 3 in total and by the time I need them I will have forgotten about what I’m spending, so I might just get them anyway! Lol

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back