Last edited:

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh you sweet and innocent boy Jan! Lol

Yes it boils the water and makes a fine ’distilled water’ which is great for RODI and myself alike!

Whatever you do don’t get one. I have a feeling it will definitely be ‘frowned upon’ in the UAE!

Haha
I should change my details as I am in Poland now for a couple of months.
As I will be moving frequently now, no more tank for the time being, but sporadically coming back here to enjoy yours.

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You wouldn’t believe how difficult it is to get a very detailed full tank shot, because of the length of the beast. This is middle left not the whole tank! Lol

E0139141-472F-4F57-A750-7ED3CEB35196.jpeg

GBRsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You wouldn’t believe how difficult it is to get a very detailed full tank shot, because of the length of the beast. This is middle left not the whole tank! Lol

Pah! Easy! Knock out the wall behind you when you took the photo!;Punch Then you can get far enough back to take your FTS! :p

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a purple rimmed montipora coral

6980735B-C0C9-4E92-B7B3-C89C20F09C65.jpeg

That's an amazing piece, Shaun

Every picture is stunning and your reef is humming right along.

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's an amazing piece, Shaun

Every picture is stunning and your reef is humming right along.
Thanks Freddie

The growth on the SPS is amazing me to say the tanks new. They just keep growing and im thinking its helped because of the rowalith W media in the calcium reactor as all the goodies are released as it dissolves

NautiTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finished the whole thread. Took me a bit to read as its 118 pages, but I enjoyed it to say the least. Your tanks are stunning, and hopefully I'll have a dream tank like your 1500L one in several years. I have pages and pages of notes for equipment and such for it. Anyway you have allowed me and many others to live vicariously through your addiction, and I thank you dearly!
Keep those macro acro shots coming, your photography is amazing as well love every bit of it!
-Noah

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finished the whole thread. Took me a bit to read as its 118 pages, but I enjoyed it to say the least. Your tanks are stunning, and hopefully I'll have a dream tank like your 1500L one in several years. I have pages and pages of notes for equipment and such for it. Anyway you have allowed me and many others to live vicariously through your addiction, and I thank you dearly!
Keep those macro acro shots coming, your photography is amazing as well love every bit of it!
-Noah
Wow, thank you Noah, and ok I’ll keep the pictures coming! Lol. I noticed you had been reading it, and thanks for your time.

The main tank is 1500l, but that’s just the display on the big system, let’s just say it’s very ‘big’

I sometimes read back a few pages especially when it was being built and delivered and i remember when it arrived thinking OMG that’s huge. For some reason it looked even bigger when I was filling it up.

I tried to detail as best I could, how I started the new system up and maintained parameters from the start, which is probably different to how many do it, especially the heavy use of rowaphos so hopefully others can learn how you can do it and minimise any problems, especially the ones you read about constantly. I basically skipped the ugly stage completely

PS What to you mean ‘addiction’! Lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a close up of the centre island with a view of the S650 in the background. Let’s not forget it, it’s still a beautiful system

0C2BBA21-CF87-4CD3-8D74-A84FC24DA202.jpeg

Last edited:

NautiTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, thank you Noah, and ok I’ll keep the pictures coming! Lol. I noticed you had been reading it, and thanks for your time.

The main tank is 1500l, but that’s just the display on the big system, let’s just say it’s very ‘big’

I sometimes read back a few pages especially when it was being built and delivered and i remember when it arrived thinking OMG that’s huge. For some reason it looked even bigger when I was filling it up.

I tried to detail as best I could, how I started the new system up and maintained parameters from the start, which is probably different to how many do it, especially the heavy use of rowaphos so hopefully others can learn how you can do it and minimise any problems, especially the ones you read about constantly. I basically skipped the ugly stage completely

PS What to you mean ‘addiction’! Lol

Oh, you noticed the hundreds of likes I gave you as I read through? You have a keen eye ;)

Well i wasn't talking about your personal dosing requirements ;)

Wife and budget permitting (already saving) I'd like to have a 10-12' tank built (3' is just under a meter for you metric types) pretty similar in size to your own "slightly larger" setup, and I have learned a great deal from your build.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The base growth from those sticks is looking buff shaun. And a pack of tangs all chillin in the flow casually is a sight. It should be grown out by the time i hit the deeps' dock. :)

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the prep work on the new build is paying off.
Now that you have good amount of coral growing have you adjusted the calcium reactor?
It really is, I have very little to do apart from occasionally changing media etc.

I have adjusted the Twin Tech occasionally, but that just means pressing a button to increase output by say 1 litre a day. It’s currently set on 16 litres a day (out of a capacity of about 360) and is maintaining alkalinity at around 8.4 dKH or thereabouts.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 33 60.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back