OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve used the Red Sea Nitrate Pro test kit for over 2 years but I just can’t tell the correct readings anymore with the pink colour. Its in date to 2019 but the results just don’t match the colours on the chart.

So as you know I’ve got the NYOS nitrate and i can say it’s very easy to use, takes 5 minutes and for me the yellow result is much easier to read or make an estimate for in between results. The last test was midway between 5 and 12 so around 8 as an estimate.

I won’t be using the Red Sea one again. Maybe it’s my eyes!

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve used the Red Sea Nitrate Pro test kit for over 2 years but I just can’t tell the correct readings anymore with the pink colour. Its in date to 2019 but the results just don’t match the colours on the chart.

So as you know I’ve got the NYOS nitrate and i can say it’s very easy to use, takes 5 minutes and for me the yellow result is much easier to read or make an estimate for in between results. The last test was midway between 5 and 12 so around 8 as an estimate.

I won’t be using the Red Sea one again. Maybe it’s my eyes!

You Are not alone, sometimes I have hard time reading red sea No3 test, so I switched to salifert, it was even worse. Next Time I am going to give NYOS a try.
The salifert make me think that I am color blind.

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You Are not alone, sometimes I have hard time reading red sea No3 test, so I switched to salifert, it was even worse. Next Time I am going to give NYOS a try.
The salifert make me think that I am color blind.
I know Fadi that's what I thought!

I think the problem is the Red Sea kit results colour pink, just doesn't match the results. Ive had to try and read it by the intensity which is not that accurate. Ive also tried the Salifert and its basically the same.

Because the NYOS is yellow, its just much clearer in both colour and intensity so its easy to estimate in between results as well.

I think its one of those things you will have to try out, and I hate wasting test kits, but I wont be using either Red Sea or Salifert nitrate again that's for sure.

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a recent full tank shot.....

7657018432_IMG_2736.JPG

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was watching the Triggers last night and the female was pointing head downwards on the left hand side of the tank again as if guarding something and became quite aggressive to any fish that came to close. Strangely the male, was hovering at the side of a coral in the middle of the tank for ages, just hovering. Maybe keeping out if her way!

I have absolutely no clue about fish behaviour or what they think, and I wonder if anyone does!?

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello;) I posed the quantum nyos 160 it is posible knowing the settings water level air open or close open water, close sorry I use tracduteur languages very nice aquarium thank you and have a nice day;)
Well I don’t know what tracduteur languages mean even having googled it! Lol

But you want the water level we’re the skimmer sits at 22cm or thereabouts and at some point you run it with the air valves as open as possible. The black screw should be fully open but you may need it closed for a while as the skimmer runs in for a week or so.

If you follow steps 3 and 4 of the instructions (commissioning and precise adjustment) it tells you how to set it up.

Oh and welcome to R2R as well!

Last edited:

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was watching the Triggers last night and the female was pointing head downwards on the left hand side of the tank again as if guarding something and became quite aggressive to any fish that came to close. Strangely the male, was hovering at the side of a coral in the middle of the tank for ages, just hovering. Maybe keeping out if her way!

I have absolutely no clue about fish behaviour or what they think, and I wonder if anyone does!?

Oh man, definitely you want to stay away if she is mad, I don’t blame him!

Last edited:
OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good!! Those flames angels really stand out in ant FTS
Thanks and I know, the Reds really clear. The other one is the Regal Angel as I only have the single flame (at the moment!!)

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man, definitely you want to stay away if she is mad, I don’t blame him!
They could both do some serious damage if they wanted to pretty much to any of the other fish.

I often here them snapping their teeth, it’s like a chomping noise and yesterday the female at one point was chasing various fish, very aggressively. It’s actually quiet violent, which is probably why the male was out if the way in the middle just watching, or cowering! Lol

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They could both do some serious damage if they wanted to pretty much to any of the other fish.

I often here them snapping their teeth, it’s like a chomping noise and yesterday the female at one point was chasing various fish, very aggressively. It’s actually quiet violent, which is probably why the male was out if the way in the middle just watching, or cowering! Lol

Interesting, reminds me of the EX wife! :p

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 77 42.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back