Shaun's 2000 Litre (530 USG) Living Reef & Red Sea Max S 650 LED Design & Build

hockeyhead019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Simon, trying to get a half decent shot is a nightmare, the worst is the flame angel, he never stops! Lol

Thank you and thanks for stopping by.

I’m very much a beginner on the photography but am enjoying it and the tank and occupants make perfect subjects, when they stay still anyway! Lol

I use a Canon EOS 750D with the standard lens, but I also have the Canon EF100mm Macro IS USM which creates very good pictures. It was also quiet expensive unfortunately!

Cool thanks for the info! I know that lens is pricey but you can't argue with the results!

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just came up for name
Thanks Simon, trying to get a half decent shot is a nightmare, the worst is the flame angel, he never stops! Lol

Thank you and thanks for stopping by.

I’m very much a beginner on the photography but am enjoying it and the tank and occupants make perfect subjects, when they stay still anyway! Lol

I use a Canon EOS 750D with the standard lens, but I also have the Canon EF100mm Macro IS USM which creates very good pictures. It was also quiet expensive unfortunately!

Same lenses here except I use EOS 600D body, I love my 100mm IS USM, one issue that it costs more than my entire camera

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just came up for name

Same lenses here except I use EOS 600D body, I love my 100mm IS USM, one issue that it costs more than my entire camera
I know, the Canon Macro cost more that my camera as well. Welcome to the world of photography! Lol

I suppose it’s like anything you get what you pay for

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took this picture last night with my iPhone XS, just something a little different!

895EE242-A58F-4ACE-B7FF-E95EDCC6BC33.jpeg

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Attached is my current maintenance and parameters log showing were we are at the moment with things, well last week anyway.

I tend not to test for phosphate every time, as I change the rhowaphos every 3-4 weeks and it keeps it down. I also only randomly test for Magnesium as it’s generally on the slightly high side

pH is monitored by Apex and around 7.8-8 roughly but whenever I do a manual test it’s always 8.2 so.... basically it’s fine

16FD8DF0-B6FB-4293-861C-D92F08700DA6.png

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a little lesson as to why you should check parameters at least every 7 days.

My last test was 2nd December for foundation elements and I missed last Sunday as time goes by and the tank runs itself with dosing etc so all will be well....

I use the Kamoer auto doser and around 2nd December I was checking all the tubes were running and doing a few adjustment doses to make sure.

I left the doser in adjustment dose mode without even thinking. Well, with the Kamoer and this isn’t in the instructions, I guess if you don’t come out of ‘adjustment mode’ it stays there. And basically doesn’t dose anything!

So I tested today, calcium was a bit low at 405 but alkalinity was at 5.2 dKH and I tested it twice. I could tell something was off with the colour of the Hanna reagents!

It’s funny because I had been looking at the montipora corals rampaging and they had gone slightly pale/white bits

Anyway I’ve topped the alkalinty up and will test a few times over the next few days to make sure it’s back to normal.

So there is a lesson learned............

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a little lesson as to why you should check parameters at least every 7 days.

My last test was 2nd December for foundation elements and I missed last Sunday as time goes by and the tank runs itself with dosing etc so all will be well....

I use the Kamoer auto doser and around 2nd December I was checking all the tubes were running and doing a few adjustment doses to make sure.

I left the doser in adjustment dose mode without even thinking. Well, with the Kamoer and this isn’t in the instructions, I guess if you don’t come out of ‘adjustment mode’ it stays there. And basically doesn’t dose anything!

So I tested today, calcium was a bit low at 405 but alkalinity was at 5.2 dKH and I tested it twice. I could tell something was off with the colour of the Hanna reagents!

It’s funny because I had been looking at the montipora corals rampaging and they had gone slightly pale/white bits

Anyway I’ve topped the alkalinty up and will test a few times over the next few days to make sure it’s back to normal.

So there is a lesson learned............

Priceless lesson.

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good thing it wasn't a costly lesson...
Yes, it’s the first time something like this has happened and it just shows it only takes something small to affect things.

Anyway, note to oneself, always check the auto doser is back in auto mode. I think I kind of ‘assumed’ it would default back to auto having been set up, but then why would it when I’m in basically a manual mode!

It’s funny because the tank was very quiet without any of those auto doser type noises, well auto dosing!

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your photograph skills are amazing! My pictures can make a super model look bad.
Thank you!

As Simon said it’s a good companion hobby as we have some great subjects

I’m just looking for some super models so I can widen my portfolio! Lol

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back