No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow tank and refugium looks great. Always impressed by the photos
Thanks Crabby

I’m not sure on the refugium to be honest

It’s growing but when I last looked because of the lights on, the sump was starting to look a bit ‘funky’ with other things growing so as I don’t really need it, and I’m just playing around with it, it could be removed at any point ‘shortly’.

If I do keep it, which I’m fairly certain I won’t long term, I’m going to change the algae for a different type as the caulerpa Prolifera is invasive and there is a very small chance it could go ‘sexual’ which I’m not going to chance, because I don’t need to. I may just grow some of the attractive red versions of algae before adding them to the display

The micro algae I’m going to order is non invasive and very pretty so I could put it straight into the display and hope this fish don’t immediately eat it! Lol

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok picture time....

5306322900541393224_IMG_3859.jpg

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I’m bored with the refugium so it’s out and in the bin!

The algae was growing quiet well but it looked like other things were also starting to grow in the sump so in the bin it is with £40 of Miracle Mud

I’ve put the bit of red algae in the display and will get some more different types shortly as they are temporarily out of stock

And thank you @ibondy for the compliment!

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So soon done with the refugium? lol

I am still running my chaeto, I have it since more than a year ago. I can see pods feeding on my chaeto and those pods then travel to the DT. I must said I moved one of my live rocks to the refugium to seed it.

ibondy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I’m bored with the refugium so it’s out and in the bin!

The algae was growing quiet well but it looked like other things were also starting to grow in the sump so in the bin it is with £40 of Miracle Mud

I’ve put the bit of red algae in the display and will get some more different types shortly as they are temporarily out of stock

And thank you @ibondy for the compliment!
Exactly the reason I went with an algae reactor. No mess in my sump, excluding the little sand from Marinepure bio-cubes. :)

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly the reason I went with an algae reactor. No mess in my sump, excluding the little sand from Marinepure bio-cubes. :)
I had been looking at reactors for months, in particular the ALR ones, but I didn’t want to have to bother cleaning and maintaining it, as of course I use other methods for bio filtration etc.

A refugium or reactor was just something I wanted to try so now I have and that’s that. I don’t need the mess certainly in the sump for sure.

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So soon done with the refugium? lol

I am still running my chaeto, I have it since more than a year ago. I can see pods feeding on my chaeto and those pods then travel to the DT. I must said I moved one of my live rocks to the refugium to seed it.
Yes Pancho done!

I did however add the red attractive algae to the tank in 2 places that cost me £7

And when I looked again it had gone, flipping greedy fish! Lol

Best I get non invasive unpalatable types when I next order!

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What wrasse is that? Great pic ! !
Thanks Fudsey, and although it’s on the tip of my tongue I honestly can’t remember the name.

Let’s just call it a ‘pink fairy wrasse’! Lol

EDIT. Lineatus Fairy Wrasse I’ve checked my fish list!

Last edited:

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.6%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 73 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back