Shaun's Red Sea Max S 650 LED Design & Build

Discussion in 'Member Tanks' started by SPR1968, Jun 6, 2017.

1. SPR1968

SPR1968 Fish & Coral Addict! R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Reef Tank 365 R2R Secret Santa UK Reef Club Member Hospitality Award Build Thread Contributor

Thanks guys. We call him Dougy and sometimes he looks very grumpy. He lays on a bed of green star polyp and stares at the TV. I think he can see all the lights flashing which attracts him and it’s quiet funny. He stays there for ages especially for Game Of Thrones! Lol

That picture actually won a competition here in the UK and got me a years subscription to Ultra Marine magazine. I have to wait 12 months before I can re enter, but I’ve just entered another for this year. Once the results are issued I can post it

And have you seen his cute ‘little horns’! Lol

Janci, GoVols, HolisticBear and 5 others like this.

2. RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21 Do It Yourself. R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

I miss mine dearly. That's awesome the pic was recognized and u were rewarded for it. Sweet.

My better half and I were talking after tonights' GoT episode about binging the entire 7 seasons this week just to catch stuff we missed the first time through. Best series in the history of tv.

GoVols, Raege, Fudsey and 2 others like this.
  3. SPR1968

SPR1968 Fish & Coral Addict! R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Reef Tank 365 R2R Secret Santa UK Reef Club Member Hospitality Award Build Thread Contributor

That’s exactly what I’ve been doing for the last 2 weeks. I’ve watched it again from series 1, about 2-3 per night. I’m just about to start season 7 tonight before going onto the new series 8

This will be the third time I’ve watched them all again. Brilliant, and to say I didn’t watch it when it first came out, thought it was daft! Lol

GoVols, Raege, Fudsey and 2 others like this.
  4. najer

najer Valuable Member

Great pic, everyone needs a jewel in their life! :)

GoVols, HolisticBear, Raege and 4 others like this.
  5. RichtheReefer21

They hired a legend in the film-making industry renowned for his production and directing of battle scenes to help them do the fight scenes from this series finale season.

All smiles from me. Amazing so far.

GoVols, Raege and SPR1968 like this.
  6. SPR1968

The Magnificent Foxface

He’s certainly a handsome fella!

2195476267781289976_IMG_3910.jpg

7. RichtheReefer21

Niiiiiiice snap!

HolisticBear, SPR1968, Raege and 2 others like this.
  8. GoVols

GoVols Cobb / Webb - 1989 R2R Supporter MTRCMember Reef Squad Leader R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 Reef Tank 365 Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor

:)

9. SPR1968

Well, it’s adventure time!

I flew from London heathrow to Amsterdam Schipol yesterday with KLM, and then straight onto a KLM 777 to Quito Ecuador. I traveled business class with my son Ben and have ruined any future long haul air travel plans for him! Lol

So at the time of writing I’m currently in Quito in a very nice ‘homely’ hotel in the centre of the town which is at an altitude of around 9350ft and is the second highest ‘capital city’ in the world. I believe it’s now number one as Bolivia may have changed it’s capital according to the guide but...

It’s very odd coming into land at an airport nearly 10000ft up as the plane didn’t start it’s decent until about 18 minutes before touchdown (instead of the normal 30 minutes roughly). The plane was hurtling towards a very mountainous earth at 595mph at one point, which made me feel a ‘little nervous’! Lol

Tomorrow at 0630 with fly with Avianca to Quayaquil for a short stop to pick up other passengers and then onto Baltra in the Galápagos Islands were we pick up the first class motor yacht for 7 nights

I’ll take lots of pictures so don’t worry and I maybe gone for a while as I think the mobile network coverage will be a little poor on the yacht...

This was the boring bit!

43AE91CF-31C1-4EEF-9B08-5265DF3790DA.jpeg

Last edited: May 14, 2019 at 3:11 PM
    najer, GoVols, NY_Caveman and 5 others like this.
  10. Fudsey

Fudsey Jack of all trades R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor NHFS Member

Very cool Shaun ! ! !

Have a great trip ! ! !

11. SPR1968

Will do thank you, it’s quiet exciting to be honest

My wife said to me that although she would love to go, and she could have, she said to take Ben with me for something like this as he has always loved animals and the David Attenborough documentaries, so here he is. She’s at home looking after my fish tank! Lol

najer, GoVols, Janci and 4 others like this.
  12. RichtheReefer21

Well I can vouch that the air management systems in the triple 7's are in good hands, mine being half of them for 3 years up until last october.

So the next time you flip the A/C on or think about cabin pressure, I'll be waving :)

najer, GoVols, Fudsey and 3 others like this.
  13. SPR1968

That’s very reassuring, I’ll think about that next time I’m flipping freezing at 1am at 38000ft! Lol

najer, GoVols, Fudsey and 3 others like this.
  14. RichtheReefer21

The entire AMS system, called a "pack" for short, uses the freezing temps outside, by redirecting the flow into ram forced air (much like sportscar upgrades) vents that we manage and redirect to keep everything at nominal operating temps inside. As well as ur comfy 71° in the cabin snoring. Hehe

Each engine has a controller, much like the ones in our tanks with apex etc.. I learned quite a bit there :)

najer, GoVols, Fudsey and 2 others like this.
  15. Janci

Janci Staghorns will prevail R2R Supporter Reef Tank 365 Hospitality Award Build Thread Contributor

Have a great trip with your son, Shaun.
    Would love to see Galapagos one day, but your pictures will do for now.
    Please also add some David Attenborough voice to them....

On a more informational note: Correct, Quito is the highest located capital in the world for the moment.
    Since 2009, Bolivia has declared Sucre as his official (constitutional) capital, leaving La Paz being just the seat of government.

RichtheReefer21, GoVols and Fudsey like this.
  16. GoVols

GoVols Cobb / Webb - 1989 R2R Supporter MTRCMember Reef Squad Leader R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 Reef Tank 365 Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor

;Singing ;Singing ;Singing

:)

RichtheReefer21 and Fudsey like this.
  17. RichtheReefer21

Darwin's island. Dream trip.

GoVols and Fudsey like this.
  18. PanchoG

PanchoG Well-Known Member

Enjoy!!!

GoVols and Fudsey like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted