SPR1968

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GREAT pic ! ! !

That is freaky! I have one and I haven't seen his eyes that clearly!

Wow great frame!

Thanks guys. We call him Dougy and sometimes he looks very grumpy. He lays on a bed of green star polyp and stares at the TV. I think he can see all the lights flashing which attracts him and it’s quiet funny. He stays there for ages especially for Game Of Thrones! Lol

That picture actually won a competition here in the UK and got me a years subscription to Ultra Marine magazine. I have to wait 12 months before I can re enter, but I’ve just entered another for this year. Once the results are issued I can post it

And have you seen his cute ‘little horns’! Lol

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys. We call him Dougy and sometimes he looks very grumpy. He lays on a bed of green star polyp and stares at the TV. I think he can see all the lights flashing which attracts him and it’s quiet funny. He stays there for ages especially for Game Of Thrones! Lol

That picture actually won a competition here in the UK and got me a years subscription to Ultra Marine magazine. I have to wait 12 months before I can re enter, but I’ve just entered another for this year. Once the results are issued I can post it

And have you seen his cute ‘little horns’! Lol

I miss mine dearly. That's awesome the pic was recognized and u were rewarded for it. Sweet.

My better half and I were talking after tonights' GoT episode about binging the entire 7 seasons this week just to catch stuff we missed the first time through. Best series in the history of tv.

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I miss mine dearly. That's awesome the pic was recognized and u were rewarded for it. Sweet.

My better half and I were talking after tonights' GoT episode about binging the entire 7 seasons this week just to catch stuff we missed the first time through. Best series in the history of tv.
That’s exactly what I’ve been doing for the last 2 weeks. I’ve watched it again from series 1, about 2-3 per night. I’m just about to start season 7 tonight before going onto the new series 8

This will be the third time I’ve watched them all again. Brilliant, and to say I didn’t watch it when it first came out, thought it was daft! Lol

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s exactly what I’ve been doing for the last 2 weeks. I’ve watched it again from series 1, about 2-3 per night. I’m just about to start season 7 tonight before going onto the new series 8

This will be the third time I’ve watched them all again. Brilliant, and to say I didn’t watch it when it first came out, thought it was daft! Lol

They hired a legend in the film-making industry renowned for his production and directing of battle scenes to help them do the fight scenes from this series finale season.

All smiles from me. Amazing so far.

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Magnificent Foxface

He’s certainly a handsome fella!

2195476267781289976_IMG_3910.jpg

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it’s adventure time!

I flew from London heathrow to Amsterdam Schipol yesterday with KLM, and then straight onto a KLM 777 to Quito Ecuador. I traveled business class with my son Ben and have ruined any future long haul air travel plans for him! Lol

So at the time of writing I’m currently in Quito in a very nice ‘homely’ hotel in the centre of the town which is at an altitude of around 9350ft and is the second highest ‘capital city’ in the world. I believe it’s now number one as Bolivia may have changed it’s capital according to the guide but...

It’s very odd coming into land at an airport nearly 10000ft up as the plane didn’t start it’s decent until about 18 minutes before touchdown (instead of the normal 30 minutes roughly). The plane was hurtling towards a very mountainous earth at 595mph at one point, which made me feel a ‘little nervous’! Lol

Tomorrow at 0630 with fly with Avianca to Quayaquil for a short stop to pick up other passengers and then onto Baltra in the Galápagos Islands were we pick up the first class motor yacht for 7 nights

I’ll take lots of pictures so don’t worry and I maybe gone for a while as I think the mobile network coverage will be a little poor on the yacht...

This was the boring bit!

43AE91CF-31C1-4EEF-9B08-5265DF3790DA.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool Shaun ! ! !

Have a great trip ! ! !
Will do thank you, it’s quiet exciting to be honest

My wife said to me that although she would love to go, and she could have, she said to take Ben with me for something like this as he has always loved animals and the David Attenborough documentaries, so here he is. She’s at home looking after my fish tank! Lol

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I can vouch that the air management systems in the triple 7's are in good hands, mine being half of them for 3 years up until last october.

So the next time you flip the A/C on or think about cabin pressure, I'll be waving :)

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I can vouch that the air management systems in the triple 7's are in good hands, mine being half of them for 3 years up until last october.

So the next time you flip the A/C on or think about cabin pressure, I'll be waving :)
That’s very reassuring, I’ll think about that next time I’m flipping freezing at 1am at 38000ft! Lol

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s very reassuring, I’ll think about that next time I’m flipping freezing at 1am at 38000ft! Lol

The entire AMS system, called a "pack" for short, uses the freezing temps outside, by redirecting the flow into ram forced air (much like sportscar upgrades) vents that we manage and redirect to keep everything at nominal operating temps inside. As well as ur comfy 71° in the cabin snoring. Hehe

Each engine has a controller, much like the ones in our tanks with apex etc.. I learned quite a bit there :)

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a great trip with your son, Shaun.
Would love to see Galapagos one day, but your pictures will do for now.
Please also add some David Attenborough voice to them....

On a more informational note: Correct, Quito is the highest located capital in the world for the moment.
Since 2009, Bolivia has declared Sucre as his official (constitutional) capital, leaving La Paz being just the seat of government.

OP
OP
SPR1968

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well all I can say is wow........

Galapagos is the most magical place I have ever been to.

Untouched lands, animals that aren’t afraid, active volcanos, breathtaking scenery, simply wonderful......

Here are a few pictures taken from the stern of the yacht in the same area which I did to capture my view at the time...

8765927957701777288_IMG_5124.jpg

4109292516223538049_IMG_5200.jpg

4158034251816373984_IMG_5237.jpg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back