Shelf life of PNS ProBio and YelloSno?

AllAmericanReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got shipped an extra supply of the PNS ProBio and YelloSno. I already have a full bottle of both and so I was wondering if I leave them unopened, if they’ll still be good to use after I’ve used my current supply? I have a 20g tank so I’d assume it would take a month or two to fully use the amount I currently have before using the new bottles.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe so, yes. The only information I could find is that to prevent contamination they recommend both products be "well-chilled", and that if you're dosing you need a stirrer to keep the "snow" well-suspended.

OP
OP
AllAmericanReefs

AllAmericanReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe so, yes. The only information I could find is that to prevent contamination they recommend both products be "well-chilled", and that if you're dosing you need a stirrer to keep the "snow" well-suspended.
Thank you it was hard to find informatin. So I'll just keep the ones in the fridge until my current bottles are gone and should be fine to use those after.

jhans1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The YelloSno can go a bit over expiration (especially if unopened) and the ProBio can go way over. No need to refrigerate the ProBio, btw.
How long after expiration can i safely use Probio? I have some bottles with exp. date in October.

Kenneth Wingerter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long after expiration can i safely use Probio? I have some bottles with exp. date in October.
We tested this using a bottle that was a full year past the expiration date. Turned out to be fully viable. Crazy! So we actually recently increased the nominal shelf life for this product, going from 6 to 8 months out from bottling date. Is your exp date for Oct '21 or '22?

jhans1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We tested this using a bottle that was a full year past the expiration date. Turned out to be fully viable. Crazy! So we actually recently increased the nominal shelf life for this product, going from 6 to 8 months out from bottling date. Is your exp date for Oct '21 or '22?
Oct 22

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back