Shelf life of premixed CoralRX

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So per the instructions I mixed up 1 gallon of tank water to 20ml of dip. I didn't use nearly that much so I have 3/4 of a gallon left in a 1 gallon sealed jug. How long can that last sitting on the shelf or should I just dump it?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So per the instructions I mixed up 1 gallon of tank water to 20ml of dip. I didn't use nearly that much so I have 3/4 of a gallon left in a 1 gallon sealed jug. How long can that last sitting on the shelf or should I just dump it?
Is there an expiration date on the bottle anywhere? I would imagine itd be ok for quite a while.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is an exp on the bottle but I was wondering on the leftover being mixed with salt water.
Ah, my bad, I misread your post. That's a good question. I've never let mine sit for more than a day or two. Not sure how long you can stretch it out for. Of it's going to be a while I wouldn't risk it and dispose of the leftovers :)

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don’t want to store anything made with tank water for a extended time.. I don’t measure that stuff myself, I just get a small container to treat corals in fill with tank water and just pour a small splash of CRX in after use I dump it.

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't keep it around too long. Hard telling if it breaks down over time into other things that could be harmful. Next time, maybe only make as munch as you might use that time only. This might help:

Water to CoralRx:
1g -- 20mL
1/2g (8 cups) -- 10mL
1quart (4 cups) -- 5mL

I bought some CoralRx at a frag swap that i didn't notice was already expired. I used it anyhow and bugs still fall off and die in it!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't keep it around too long. Hard telling if it breaks down over time into other things that could be harmful. Next time, maybe only make as munch as you might use that time only. This might help:

Water to CoralRx:
1g -- 20mL
1/2g (8 cups) -- 10mL
1quart (4 cups) -- 5mL

I bought some CoralRx at a frag swap that i didn't notice was already expired. I used it anyhow and bugs still fall off and die in it!
I equate it to medicine. Yes it has an expiration date, but I dont think it ever goes bad, just gets less and less potent the further you get from the expiration date

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 39.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.2%
Back