Sherman Rose Anemone near Bicolor Blenny’s Lair

yourmom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey friends! My Sherman Rose anemone has been with me for 3-4 months and is doing great. I recently made a lighting adjustment and it started to climb higher on its rock, which isn’t unexpected, but I had to relocate some gonioporas and alveoporas that didn’t like to be so close. I hadn’t considered that it’s also very close to the hole my Bicolor blenny spends most of his time. Now when he enters and exits, he often swims through or against the anemone. I know clownfish like anemones (of course mine doesn’t, lol) but are they okay for other fish like Tommy Twotone to interact with? Do they “stun” them in any significant or damaging way?

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey friends! My Sherman Rose anemone has been with me for 3-4 months and is doing great. I recently made a lighting adjustment and it started to climb higher on its rock, which isn’t unexpected, but I had to relocate some gonioporas and alveoporas that didn’t like to be so close. I hadn’t considered that it’s also very close to the hole my Bicolor blenny spends most of his time. Now when he enters and exits, he often swims through or against the anemone. I know clownfish like anemones (of course mine doesn’t, lol) but are they okay for other fish like Tommy Twotone to interact with? Do they “stun” them in any significant or damaging way?
find picture of someone else's clownfish in an anemone like yours. Print it. Tape it to tank. They say this teaches your clownfish to go into anemone within 1-2 weeks of looking at picture.

Anemones also sting clownfish, but clownfish acclimate to sting and then turn that to their protective defense.

Defer to others but expect either your fish will be fine (else why hasn't it moved hole) or if not... Darwin survival of fittest

OP
OP
yourmom

yourmom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
find picture of someone else's clownfish in an anemone like yours. Print it. Tape it to tank.
Does my clownfish know what she looks like? Can it be any type of clown in an anemone like mine or does it have to be the same kind of clownfish? I cannot believe I am asking this...

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does my clownfish know what she looks like? Can it be any type of clown in an anemone like mine or does it have to be the same kind of clownfish? I cannot believe I am asking this...
Try to have it look like your clown, but no one has said. Perhaps others know. Perhaps if first picture doesn't work, try another...

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
find picture of someone else's clownfish in an anemone like yours. Print it. Tape it to tank. They say this teaches your clownfish to go into anemone within 1-2 weeks of looking at picture.

Anemones also sting clownfish, but clownfish acclimate to sting and then turn that to their protective defense.

Defer to others but expect either your fish will be fine (else why hasn't it moved hole) or if not... Darwin survival of fittest
The other trick is use a video.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The blenny should be fine. If it's getting stung, it will find a new spot to hang out.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.0%
Back