Shipped Fish still hiding 48hrs later

NinjaSeaTurtle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Yellow Head Jawfish and a Royal Gramma in QT and haven’t hardly seen them since acclimation. Tried to lure them out with some Frozen mysis and Frozen brine shrimp but they are hunkered down pretty good. No LFS in my area to get live food so when should I worry about them starving and should I go ahead and order some live foods and if so from where?

*Also I have had my tank and it’s inhabitants for over a year but this is my first fish I have ever purchased so I don‘t Really know what I’m doing.

JAMreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my limited experience, most fish hide. Some longer than others. It may take serveral days for them to feel safe enough to come out and sometimes several days to eat. Usually if my new fish hasn’t eaten by the second or third day I mix their food with garlic extract. Usually this brings out their appetite.

mickeysreef <*))))<

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my freckled faced tang has been hiding in qt for more than 2 months. he just started coming out of the rocks. another 2 weeks and he's headed for the dt

Breakingdawn81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Royal Gramma found a cave in the rock work and mostly stayed in it for the first week except for feeding time. She does really well with frozen mysis. Now she comes out when someone is near the tank, but any sudden movements will have her darting right back to the cave. It's my understanding that Royal Grammas need places to hide.

Iggy305

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Yellow Head Jawfish and a Royal Gramma in QT and haven’t hardly seen them since acclimation. Tried to lure them out with some Frozen mysis and Frozen brine shrimp but they are hunkered down pretty good. No LFS in my area to get live food so when should I worry about them starving and should I go ahead and order some live foods and if so from where?

*Also I have had my tank and it’s inhabitants for over a year but this is my first fish I have ever purchased so I don‘t Really know what I’m doing.
My Royal Gramma hid the entire time it was in QT. Once it moved to the display started swimming everywhere, then hide at night. I would feed some freshly hatched baby brine and the Gramma would go nuts for it then right back to hiding.

Back