shipping my tank corals and fish, how??

BigO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI ALL!

I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO SHIP EVERYTHING I HAVE IN CHICAGO TO PUERTO RICO. MY TANK IS ONLY 20 GALLON NUVO ABYSS DROP OF TANK, BUT I'VE LITERALLY SPENT THOUSANDS INTO IT. I HAVE SOMEONE THAT HAS BEEN TAKING CARE OF IT, AND DOING WATER CHANGES TWICE A MONTH, AND I GET VIDEOS OF IT OFTEN I MISS THE HELL OUT OF MY TANK. PEOPLE DONT EVEN WANT TO PAY A THIRD OF WHAT I HAVE IN THERE, AND I SURE AS HELL AINT ABOUT TO SELL MY TANK FOR DIRT CHEAP ESPECIALLY AFTER IT IS DOING SO WELL AND MY CORALS HAVE GROWN SO MUCH, AND THEN AFTER ALL THE WORK PUT IN BY ME I'M SUPPOSED TO PRACTICALLY GIVE IT WAY...I. D.O.N'.T. T.H.I.N.K. S.O.!!!!!

CAN SOME ONE PLEASE GUIDE ME IN THE BEST WAY FOR ME TO SEND MY PAIR OF CLOWN FISH, COUPLE CLEANER SHRIMP, ALL MY CORALS, TANK AND ALL EQUIPMENT OVER OT PUERTO RICO?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

GOD BLESS

Wolf89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SmartSelect_20200404-141954_Chrome.jpg

Phillthy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Package all livestock in seperate bags place in cooler with handwarmers and package nice. Ship. Package equipment and tank and everything else. Id have a system going so you can transfer everything untill you get your new system up. Good luck

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first question is to find out whether or not you can even ship Something live from Chi to PR. Next I would follow what Phillthy just said. Personally I would just bail on the tank itself and buy a new one down there, I’d be too nervous about it shattering en route and not having a backup plan.

Kostas G.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shipping your tank would probably not be worth it because you can get a bigger tank there for the amount of shipping it(I mean the glass tank and sump, you can get bigger ones in PR cheaper than shipping). Also, getting a new tank is worth it as you would have to prepare a tank of some sort to receive your livestock. So having a tank there ready is an advantage. In this case you setup the tank, have it running and ship your livestock in polystyrene boxes packed very well and carefully with a 24h courier service. Shipping livestock can always be done, at most you need to find out what paperwork you might need to get to accompany the shipment.

If you decide not to get a new tank in your new place, you would need to prepare a few large tubs of saltwater with pumps to be ready to receive your livestock and care for if, with water changes, till your aquarium and hardware arrives.
You then start the setup process to move your live rock corals and fish in the tank

The hardest step is packing the corals to survive and to not break during shipment. The rest are easier.

OP
OP
BigO

BigO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first question is to find out whether or not you can even ship Something live from Chi to PR. Next I would follow what Phillthy just said. Personally I would just bail on the tank itself and buy a new one down there, I’d be too nervous about it shattering en route and not having a backup plan.
the tanks is acrylic

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back