Shipping practices

Elijahyar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey!! So I am getting over a shipping disaster and want to avoid ever having this happen again. Purchased a powder blue tang along with a couple other items. They were shipped overnight and were expected to be delivered the following morning. Less than 24 hrs total travel time! Items arrived maybe 5 hours later than expected and the tang was near death. Immediately contacted the seller and they said drip acclimate still for 35 minutes as normal and get it into the tank asap. Which I did but the tang didn't make it. He lived(barely) another 6-8 hours and he was dead by next morning. I did test the watwr he was shipped with(NH3 was .25-.5). Long story short I am wondering do inverts (crabs etc.) fare better than fish during shipping? The seller has offered full reimbursement I should add!

Mr Fishface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think a lot can depend on the seller. If the fish is in good shape when they ship, My experience has been pretty good with receiving them. I haven't ordered many inverts online so I can't speak for that. My advice is to look for lots and lots of reviews of the business you order from. Look at the recent reviews especially and see if there is a trend. Some more than others have a bad rep for sending sickly fish.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 35.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back