Shipping salinity for mandarins

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally ordered a mandarin which I wanted for 18 months. What salinity am I expected to receive him in so I make sure I have extra fresh salt made to do a drip.
Whatever the tank is that you will be acclimating the fish for.... acclimate him with tank water.

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whatever the tank is that you will be acclimating the fish for.... acclimate him with tank water.
I meant make water to replace my tank with after dripping for a hour or so
I just wondering how far off I am. I'm at 1.025-1.026. Just wondering if they ship crazy low like 1.020 or more regular

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I meant make water to replace my tank with after dripping for a hour or so
I just wondering how far off I am. I'm at 1.025-1.026. Just wondering if they ship crazy low like 1.020 or more regular
I would sure hope they don't but even if they did... bring the little fella up to your tanks parameters. Congrats on the fish! Start stocking pods!!

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would sure hope they don't but even if they did... bring the little fella up to your tanks parameters. Congrats on the fish! Start stocking pods!!
Started a culture. On day 5. Not much visually yet I'm hoping I get a boat loads in my 10g tank. I hesitated with a mandarin with fear of not keeping him well fed. No fuge on the 100g.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started a culture. On day 5. Not much visually yet I'm hoping I get a boat loads in my 10g tank. I hesitated with a mandarin with fear of not keeping him well fed. No fuge on the 100g.
Probably a good idea to get some from the LFS or Algae Barn just to hold you over. Great little fish! If my 6 line ever perishes, I'll follow your lead. Alas, I've been told repeatedly that if there is a pod in the tank, a 6 line will make it a snack.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back