OP
OP
HJ99

HJ99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pan World is great, but I would go for more power to match the flow you need. I know you are already committed by purchasing the used DT. But if that DT (that cannot be drilled) is dictating several other decisions, I would reconsider whether you just buy, new, precisely what you want in a tank. So much in this hobby can be found used locally, as people upgrade lights, pumps, powerheads, etc. But tanks show wear and tear, and if it is not precisely what you want. I bought my tank pre-drilled for this reason.
Turns out to arguably be the best advise in the thread. Went to the LFS yesterday just to look. It was great seeing all the displays and fish. But I told the wife it made me sort of sad looking at the brand new tanks already set up with overflows and realizing what it is taking to polish my "great deal " turd. She blew me away when she said " Well if you can't get this one to come out right, why not just buy a bigger one new and use this for the sump ?"

OP
OP
HJ99

HJ99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually only the bottom glass is tempered (but I could EASILY be wrong) is that orange label on the bottom or the sides?
Yes. the manufacturer (Perfecto/Marineland) verified only the bottom. I also did the sunglasses/laptop test and it confirmed the difference. The bottom shows the stripes but the sides not. I'd be good to go but there are some scratches in the glass. Guy must have scrapped algae with a hay rake. I'm waiting on some deep scratch pads for my buffer so we will see how that goes. The videos make it look doable but I'm skeptical.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back