Should I add a Powder Blue Hybrid tang?

outerbank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a disease free and peaceful 300 gallon tank. I don't like tanks where fish are chasing each other. My fish all get along fine. However, I have an urge for a PBT hybrid. Current fish are well established and are...pair of 28 year old Ocellaris clowns (perhaps some of the oldest tank raised clownfish in the world), 26 year old yellow tang, 11 year old regal angel, 7 year old kole tang, and an old flame hawk (he is at least 12 years old). I hate to disrupt the peace, so I am reluctant and thinking about just an Allen damsel or two or a Lamarck angel instead. What all do you think?

Naso110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My opinion is that if you had to ask the question, you already know what you should do. To potential risk fish that are that old with the slightest possibility of disease seems crazy to me. As I'm sure you well know powder blues can get nasty and hold grudges(seriously). I always want to add just one more thing. So I usually start another tank. My ten cents.

jtf74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried a powder brown in 280 gallon with a much smaller yellow tang than you have. The yellow shredded the powder brown so high probability you will disturb the peace.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 58 85.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.4%
Back