Should I add an anemone into my tank?

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
And Thankyou for recommending the poly filter to clean the tank better do you know of any other products or ways that will have the same effect?

I live in Los Angeles California :)
There will be plenty of people nearby. Dont be in a hurry. You waited this long. Run the poly filter. See if it changes color. If not. Keep up on a steady schedule of 2 week water changes.

OP
OP
1clownfish

1clownfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won’t I plan on waiting for at least another month. :) I will get and run the poly filter Thankyou so, so much for your help I learned a lot. I will keep you posted regarding the tank and future nem <3

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah yeah hey can't knock experience! What kind of light are you using to grow those?

Two ocean revives 50% blue 10% full spectrum channel. I also have clarkii clwons hosting them and they tend to catch flakes pretty regularly. I dose vitachem, reef energy, and brightwell omega hufa too

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

WheatToast

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one for a while and it did i great and I have a lid over my tank so it never sprays :)
Spray that hits the lid will dry and leave salt creep, blocking light. I would stick with the filter for aeration/powerheads as mentioned by others.
Yes it has never ever been low before only high lol
Have you been regularly topping off your aquarium with RODI water (to combat evaporation, so don't add salt)? I manually top off daily.
https://reefbuilders.com/2017/03/01/saltwater-aquarium-maintenance-top-off/

On a somewhat unrelated note, this playlist by Bulk Reef Supply provides a very thorough and helpful guide on marine aquariums:

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And Thankyou for recommending the poly filter to clean the tank better do you know of any other products or ways that will have the same effect?

I live in Los Angeles California :)
If the poly filter color changes and it indicates you have copper. Another product specifically to remove copper is Coppersorb.
I am in OC (west Anaheim) and usually have some purple rain and rainbow BTAs available.

OP
OP
1clownfish

1clownfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only reason to use prime that i know of, is if your using tap water. Prime primary purpose is to get rid of chlorine.
Ohhh ok I think that is why i got it becuase I was using tap when I first set my tank up. So it is no longer necessary correct?

OP
OP
1clownfish

1clownfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the poly filter color changes and it indicates you have copper. Another product specifically to remove copper is Coppersorb.
I am in OC (west Anaheim) and usually have some purple rain and rainbow BTAs available.
Thankyou I just ordered the poly filter should be here in a few days :) if\when I get an anemone I would love to buy one from you just let me know when you have some available. Thankyou!

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thankyou I just ordered the poly filter should be here in a few days :) if\when I get an anemone I would love to buy one from you just let me know when you have some available. Thankyou!
There you go. Someone already within a good distance. I do hope you get things managed and worked out.

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohhh ok I think that is why i got it becuase I was using tap when I first set my tank up. So it is no longer necessary correct?
As long as your not using tap water at all, it should not be needed. It does help lower ammonia, but I really doubt that is the issue with your tank.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%

Back