But as an example.
211245-brs-refractometer-calibration-fluid.jpg

WisReef

Jedi Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh well I never thought of that I always asumed it was my water prams…the reason I say that was becuase the light is plenty bright :)

Plenty bright is a relative statement lol. I'm willing to bet money that lack of PAR is the main reason your anemone died. Sure, there may have been other contributing factors but a bleaching anemone is a hungry anemone. Anemone's can obtain full nutrition from light alone and don't need to be spot fed under ideal conditions.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
do I need to put it on the refractometer?
Its like sw. A few drops will show if your refractometer is right or off. The solution is made at 1.025. If the refractor displays something else, you use the mini screw driver to adjust the reading. This is calibration

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Plenty bright is a relative statement lol. I'm willing to bet money that lack of PAR is the main reason your anemone died. Sure, there may have been other contributing factors but a bleaching anemone is a hungry anemone. Anemone's can obtain full nutrition from light alone and don't need to be spot fed under ideal conditions.
Dead inverts is alarming to me. Unless, there are people who can keep nems alive. But not hermits and snails. Shrimps are a different obstacle.

OP
OP
1clownfish

1clownfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok Thankyou that light was bought so recent and I spent 100$ and I dont want to wast my money on another one :) or waste the one I have. But I will see what I can do.

WisReef

Jedi Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok Thankyou that light was bought so recent and I spent 100$ and I dont want to wast my money on another one :) or waste the one I have. But I will see what I can do.

Im not telling you that you need to get a new light… I’m telling you that if you want to keep anemones alive you need a proper light. If you want to keep fish and low light coral, then proceed with what you have.

OP
OP
1clownfish

1clownfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is why we use a calibration fluid. Yours could be correct. But cant be positive.
Ok I will buy one then. Also if you looked at the pic I sent you was the salinity it said an ok salinity for the tank in your opinion? It was around 1.022 or 1.023. It was hard to tell

WisReef

Jedi Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dead inverts is alarming to me. Unless, there are people who can keep nems alive. But not hermits and snails. Shrimps are a different obstacle.

He mentioned that his shrimp lived months and only died when it escaped. I’m not sure what the deal is with the hermits/snails, but I’m skeptical that water parameters alone killer them.

OP
OP
1clownfish

1clownfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not telling you that you need to get a new light… I’m telling you that if you want to keep anemones alive you need a proper light. If you want to keep fish and low light coral, then proceed with what you have.
Oh ok got you :) so I can’t have nem with this light? Even if i take the lid of or something?

OP
OP
1clownfish

1clownfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He mentioned that his shrimp lived months and only died when it escaped. I’m not sure what the deal is with the hermits/snails, but I’m skeptical that water parameters alone killer them.
Yes I am thinking that too but my tests say nothing is wrong however I haven’t tested phosphate yet

WisReef

Jedi Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh ok got you :) so I can’t have nem with this light? Even if i take the lid of or something?

Unless you have access to a PAR meter none of us can answer that with absolute certainty…however based on my experience with anemones and the Amazon link you provided, I’m highly doubtful it will be enough.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ohh ok I thought it would be 1.25 if it was right between 1.020 and 1.030 on my test it was closer to the 1.020 but if that is what you saw I will take your word for it.
You cant take my word for it. Im looking at a fuzzy picture. Your eyes would be better judge.

OP
OP
1clownfish

1clownfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless you have access to a PAR meter none of us can answer that with absolute certainty…however based on my experience with anemones and the Amazon link you provided, I’m highly doubtful it will be enough.
Ok I had an idea of placing it in one of those floating baskets made for nems you can get from Amazon it would be much closer to the light surface and flow if I did that :)

Attachments

• 4306A3F4-6458-4D0B-8DD5-72DDA47231D1.jpeg
    4306A3F4-6458-4D0B-8DD5-72DDA47231D1.jpeg
    46 KB · Views: 21

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back