Should I be concerned about these gaps in the silicone?

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s good to hear! Maybe they didn’t find my smaller tank worth the energy, but it lost them a sale on one of their big tanks. I still plan to get a second bigger tank, so I’ll keep an open mind about them.

I think qc may be an issue too. I couldn’t figure out why my pump was so loud. Several people on Instagram told me to pull the pump apart cause their’s came in with broken pieces on the inside. That was exactly the problem I had. AND the case was cracked in half. No bueno. I have given several others the same advice to resolve loud pumps - check for cracks and broken pieces. Now I know their pumps are a secondary manufacturer. But it still seems to be pretty common for them to not be checking on and/or be willing to replace. I suspect part of it is that they are growing super fast (from my perspective anyway) and just need to refine some processes and potentially do some more training.

A bit of an old thread but it was highlighted in a different recent thread. I couldnt have said this better myself. I went through the exact same scenario. Unhappy with the poor QC on a WB10 resulted in me looking elsewhere for larger tanks. I didnt realize so many others had similar experiences.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back