Should I Be concerned? White Spot (bump) on Clownfish's mouth.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That isn't a specific disease, but rather, a reaction to some injury. Do you have any LPS corals in the tank that could have stung it? Has it been fighting at all with another fish? Is it still eating?

The trouble with mouth injuries is that they sometimes cause the fish to stop feeding, and of course, the fish needs food energy in order to heal itself.

Do you have a treatment tank to use if this gets infected? Something you can dose with antibiotics?

Jay

OP
OP
Faccia di Pesce

Faccia di Pesce

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That isn't a specific disease, but rather, a reaction to some injury. Do you have any LPS corals in the tank that could have stung it? Has it been fighting at all with another fish? Is it still eating?

The trouble with mouth injuries is that they sometimes cause the fish to stop feeding, and of course, the fish needs food energy in order to heal itself.

Do you have a treatment tank to use if this gets infected? Something you can dose with antibiotics?

Jay

Ok so that explains it. So here is what it hunk happened. I got rid of a yellow tang I had fir a week. He killed my watchman goby. And I noticed that my clown’s fin was all jacked up. So I suspect that the tang went after the clown as well.

I got rid of the tang last week.

No I don’t have a quarantine tank.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O.K., well, if it is still eating, it should be able to recover without any antibiotics.
Jay

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back