Should I be worried

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a lot of these snail shaped calcium formations on Hammer’s and Duncan’s hard part also in the back of my aquarium back screen. They don’t seems to move and when I try to take them of it is stuck to the surface so I think it is some kind of worm making them.
I don’t mind them if it is not harmful

My bet is Spirorbid Worm

0F6AE263-53F6-400B-AE72-437B6412169F.jpeg

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
vermitid i believe or spirobid. I always confuse these

Last edited:

bsr2430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re correct.
these aren’t bad, no one can really prove if they destroy anything but they will keep on multiplying..... That being said, there should be a wrasse that could help with this. Which one? I don’t know.
@vetteguy53081 which wrasse would provide a 50/50 shot for him?

The problem with a Wrasse, people might say that specific Wrasse will clean them up but as soon as you buy that Wrasse, he might not touch them. Tricky situation.

bsr2430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks already feel better. Let’s see what @vetteguy53081 recommend. This is a 40g AIO so size does matter. Not to mention the dragonet there.
I mean, you could dip everything and that would kill some but you’ll be back in this situation in a few months.
Have you tried dipping one to see how the outcome turns out?

When I see this, they just make me think of Vermetid snails. The smaller ones don’t damage anything and truly ugly to look at!

With Vermetid snails, some people used Coral Snow to make the water crystal clear the water so they couldn’t filter anything.

You have a few options that “could” work.

OP
OP
attiland

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean, you could dip everything and that would kill some but you’ll be back in this situation in a few months.
Have you tried dipping one to see how the outcome turns out?

When I see this, they just make me think of Vermetid snails. The smaller ones don’t damage anything and truly ugly to look at!

With Vermetid snails, some people used Coral Snow to make the water crystal clear the water so they couldn’t filter anything.

You have a few options that “could” work.
Except these are not vermetid. And dipping would be definitely difficult as all corals are glued

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
These are spirobid and a couple of spinoid worms which are normally on the glass
Yellow wrasse would likely eat them
You can also direct water flow towards them, not at them and they will likely starve themselves and diminish until gone

OP
OP
attiland

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are spirobid and a couple of spinoid worms which are normally on the glass
Yellow wrasse would likely eat them
You can also direct water flow towards them, not at them and they will likely starve themselves and diminish until gone
Thanks for the advice I look into this. Just want to make sure I will not have an another issue by introducing an another fish but I quite like the yellow wrasse.

Back