Should I do a water change while I’m cycling my tank?

Dugout0501

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I’m new to keeping saltwater fish and was wondering if I should do a water change while cycling my new tank. I’m on my 5th day after setup and my ammonia, nitrites, nitrates and phosphates are all raising a little bit with every new day. I used live sand, live rock, and have a clownfish pair in the tank to cycle it. I added a bottle of biospira about an hour before putting the fish in my tank and I have been adding Fluval cycle to my tank everyday in the recommended quantities as said on the bottle. I’ve seen a few threads that say that you probably shouldn’t do a water change but none of the threads I read said anything about tanks with live fish in them.

jerrymarino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I’m new to keeping saltwater fish and was wondering if I should do a water change while cycling my new tank. I’m on my 5th day after setup and my ammonia, nitrites, nitrates and phosphates are all raising a little bit with every new day. I used live sand, live rock, and have a clownfish pair in the tank to cycle it. I added a bottle of biospira about an hour before putting the fish in my tank and I have been adding Fluval cycle to my tank everyday in the recommended quantities as said on the bottle. I’ve seen a few threads that say that you probably shouldn’t do a water change but none of the threads I read said anything about tanks with live fish in them

Upvote 0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back