Should I get a phosbane 150 media reactor or do the modded aquaclear 70 with a slot for a bag of gfo?

Rilo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a small 10g tank and there's a form of brown diatoms taking over. It's a light coat of it that I want to get rid of. Right now I just do daily 5g water changes along with a supplemental protein skimmer to aid in retarding nitrates.

What I plan to do is remove the protein skimmer completely and follow inappropriate reefers aquaclear 70 mod that he used and put gfo in there with potentially putting chaeto in the future (for now it'll hold heaters, excess rocks, and emergency carbon, filter floss(?) and gfo).

Or, I'd keep the protein skimmer and save up until I can afford a phosbane 150 media reactor. What do you all recommend?

OP
OP
Rilo

Rilo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an extra ac70 laying around that I may throw on my 55g to run carbon in. I have the same issues with diatoms. I’ll let you know how it works!
Looking forward to the results!

I decided to hold off on adding it because of a move. At the moment I've been liberal with feedings and added reef flux. The results have been good.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 42 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%

Back