Should I get a skimmer for my biocube 32?

Jack_10218

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had the tank set up for about a year, and currently have a sapphire damsel, fire fish, and some LPS and softies. The tank is stable, and my water change schedule is doing fine, but I’m wondering if it would be worth it to go for a nano skimmer for it. Are there any reasons I should or shouldn’t go for one? I’m also not sure where I would put one. For reference, The hood is still on, I have a heater in 1st chamber, intank media basket and intank refugium in 2nd (refugium not set up yet, waiting for chaeto) and nothing in 3rd chamber besides return pump. (Want to add some sort of biological filtration there though) if I should add one, what brands do you reccomend? I’ve heard a lot of the nano skimmers are crappy or loud.

904Floridaman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got the coral life v2 slimmer i highly advise to stay away from it. it works but also puts out microbubbles that flood the tank so i stopped using it. i had it in chamber one with intank media basket and refugium chamber 2. microbubbles. cant stress this enough

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got any good nano recommendations? And why do you think so? I’ve seen some people say to not get a skimmer on nano tanks, but I don’t see any drawbacks.
They just take up room and are always in view is all (not a lot of room in most nanos) but other than that, there aren't really any drawbacks

Breadbox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got any good nano recommendations? And why do you think so? I’ve seen some people say to not get a skimmer on nano tanks, but I don’t see any drawbacks.
Bubble magus miniQ, I don't have anything bad to say about, however, it's abit undersized for 32, but ultimately it's what I settled after several unsuitable skimmer.

Chucky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got the coral life v2 slimmer i highly advise to stay away from it. it works but also puts out microbubbles that flood the tank so i stopped using it. i had it in chamber one with intank media basket and refugium chamber 2. microbubbles. cant stress this enough
What did you end up doing? I’ve tried it in both 1 and 2 chambers in 1 like you said micro bubbles like crazy currently I have the media tower in chamber 1 and the skimmer in 2 works like a charm but I didn’t consider the fact that the lower intake vents suck up waist bypassing the filter floss so this isn’t gonna work either ‍♂️

OneMerissa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long did you use it for before you took it out of your tank?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back