Should I get the Waterbox AIO 35.2 or the Fluval Flex 32.5g???

Which is better for a first-time saltwater aquarium: Waterbox AIO 35.2 or Fluval Flex 32.5g?

• Waterbox AIO 35.2

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Fluval Flex 32.5g

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

JustSawyer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I'm looking to start my first Saltwater aquarium and am stuck on two aquariums. Should I get the Waterbox AIO 35.2 or the Fluval Flex 32.5g? Is one better quality over the other? Opinions?? My livestock wishlist is: 1 regular clown, 1 black storm clown, 1 yellow watchman goby, 1 candy pistol shrimp, 1 blue tuxedo urchin, 1 skunk cleaner shrimp and a variety of crabs. I won't be going intense on the corals. Probably sticking to torch or hammers and frogspawn, with a little gsp.

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Have you considered a tank with a sump? You'll want to upgrade to one as soon as your AIO starts filling out and you get big dreams of an amazing looking reef.

OP
OP
JustSawyer

JustSawyer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you considered a tank with a sump? You'll want to upgrade to one as soon as your AIO starts filling out and you get big dreams of an amazing looking reef.
I haven't considered a sump at this point... But I'm also considering the Red Sea Max E 170, which could have a sump added in the future.

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
When i started , getting a tank with a sump was almost out of the question for me. I didn't understand the filtration requirements and maintainence needed to run a reef. That fear turned into regret not even a month later for me. I have an AIO in my office and love it but my main tank must have a sump.

Brit’s Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I will agree with the previous poster… the Fluval isn’t worth it because you’ll have to upgrade everything. I have the Fluval 32.5 and can’t wait to get rid of it even though it looks okay. All I’m growing is leathers and tons of Xenia but the filtration is garbage in my opinion. That’s after upgrading everything with a stronger pump, two powerheads and InTank media baskets.
Waterbox is just more well thought out IMO.

Sniffingkrylon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a fluval 9 and my brother has a waterbox. His came with everything he needed and was simply set up cycle and get to stocking. The fluval pumps are weak so you’ll have to upgrade, lights too unless you want only fish, you’ll probably want to cover the bottom intake for better filtration.. it all adds up so you’re better off buying the waterbox. Trust.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 141 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back