Should I glue to rock if planning to frag?

PugsAndFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have about 30 zoanthids right now and some grow faster than others. For ones that grow relatively fast, I typically cut them up into frags of 3-5 polyps.

I am setting up a new tank and am wondering if I should glue the frags to the rock or try using square tiles so I can continue to frag them easily if needed. I can't take my rock structure out either because I cemented the whole thing lol. I'm doing bare bottom too if that matters.

CC13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have about 30 zoanthids right now and some grow faster than others. For ones that grow relatively fast, I typically cut them up into frags of 3-5 polyps.

I am setting up a new tank and am wondering if I should glue the frags to the rock or try using square tiles so I can continue to frag them easily if needed. I can't take my rock structure out either because I cemented the whole thing lol. I'm doing bare bottom too if that matters.

I would have them on plugs (or squares) that can be easier to cut and propagate. This is assuming that these corals will be going into a frag tank where the goal/purpose of the tank is to grow out corals as fast as possible with the intention to sell for money and aesthetics is not the main purpose.

If your placing these in your display tank and aesthetics matters, then I would use LR as it would look better, but I would not glue the rock together.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back