Should I go with 3/4” or 1/2” Size Return Nozzles?

Megability

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Planning to add a splitter and LocLine extensions to my return nozzle, but should I go with 3/4” for easier flow, or 1/2” for I’m assuming stronger flow back into my tank, even if it’s harder on the pump?
Thanks

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The size of the tank (gallons and dimensions), the anticipated gph of the pump at the outflow are information that would help folks provide an answer for your application.

In general not restricting flow in the return is better for water movement but if the tank is small or the pump too strong a little restriction might be called for.

Happy Birthday GIF by swerk

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Planning to add a splitter and LocLine extensions to my return nozzle, but should I go with 3/4” for easier flow, or 1/2” for I’m assuming stronger flow back into my tank, even if it’s harder on the pump?
Thanks

It really depends on what you want this flow for and how much you are trying to move.

OP
OP
Megability

Megability

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The size of the tank (gallons and dimensions), the anticipated gph of the pump at the outflow are information that would help folks provide an answer for your application.
You’re absolutely right, my bad, it’s a RSR625 so 135 DT + 30 sump, and my return pump is the Sicce SDC 7.0 which I think should be more than enough…

OP
OP
Megability

Megability

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It really depends on what you want this flow for and how much you are trying to move.
True, I guess just improve on flow, ability to aim for dead spots, and random distribution over the stock single nozzle -it’s a RSR625 (165gallons) if you are familiar.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back