Should I remove a Ricordea when it's glued to the frag plug?

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know they are hard to get attached to live rock if not glued to a frag plug, but could being stuck in one place when they want to move be harmful? For example, I had a mushroom that kept curling up on a plug like it wanted to get off. I finally cut it off and it now it's happy in a crevice it found.

JosephM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my experience: you can rip or cut them off a plug, they’re very resilient. But I’d prefer leave it on the plug if it’s not odd because it’s a lot of work to get them properly attached where you want it (IMO). And unless you shoved it deep in the crevice if it wanted to move it would.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I would leave it attached. I've lost more than just a couple mushrooms over the years in high flow large tanks.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 37 59.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 16 25.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back