Should I soft plumb the rest of this return line or hard plumb it?

Leon Gorani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am almost done plumbing my Red Sea 170, and I built a manifold and most of the hard line for the return line. I am not sure if I should do the rest of it, to where it connects to the return pipe, with soft tubing or if I should do it all with hard pipes. Please let me know what you would do. Soft would be easier and it will cause less head pressure for the pump I think, but hard will look cool and I already have the parts available for hard plumbing it vs soft, I would have to order parts. Here’s a pic of what I have so far.

17C4BDEC-85B6-4C60-82D6-2BEB66C0C242.jpeg

Mandalorian

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard, because at this point keep it neat and uniform. I'm not a big fan of soft plumbing myself. Looks great by the way.

Rudzbrewski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I soft plumbed a couple inches from pump and from filter roller to limit vibration transfer and hard plumbed the rest.

OP
OP
Leon Gorani

Leon Gorani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard, because at this point keep it neat and uniform. I'm not a big fan of soft plumbing myself. Looks great by the way.
Thank you! Yeah I might hard plumb it, I think it’s safer than using soft. I am worried it will burst or something, I’m not sure if it would but just in case.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back