Should I start over?

moorjames

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
D5B2B7E4-6322-4F4E-806B-BDA1DB200FD8.jpeg

Ok- let me fill you in. I bought the bio32 about a week and a half ago. Put it all together and added 1 bottle of Tim’s one and only. After a few days- I realized I didn’t have an ammonia source so went and grabbed a bottle of dr Tim’s ammonia and added what I thought was half a dose. It was hard to judge cause I couldn’t count the drops- it just came pouring out but still think I was under the half dose. Anyways- after a few days- my ammonia was still pretty high. I added another bottle of dr Tim’s one and only (this time the smaller bottle) and waited another couple days. Ammonia still high So I did a 20% water change (5 gallon- since I’m only holding about 25 gallons of water in the tank). And waited a day and this is my results. Should I drain the tank and just start over with the cycle?

OP
OP
moorjames

moorjames

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This pic was taken yesterday after the water 20% water change just in case that wasn’t clear. Looks like the ammonia is coming down- because it was higher. Just wasn’t sure if I let it get too out of control. Thanks for the help

iamacat

Higher than my pH
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stay out of your tank for a few days. You don’t need to ever do a water change during cycling. Test your level in a few days. Then again a few after that. There is no need to test that frequently

melanotaenia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If there is bacteria in there the cycle has started; water changes or other changes will just prolong the nitrogen cycle.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 45 34.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 41 31.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back