Should I start shopping for a new tank???

Chayo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
12FD0305-D92C-4667-B1C1-ADE259CEE58E.jpeg
6A7D6C8D-D7B9-4332-A783-ECDC190B3C92.jpeg
got bubbles in the seam? Is this something I should be worried about? don’t want a water disaster, is it time for a upgrade?

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to say but yes it looks like it. As soon as possible. I would take everything out and put it in a different tank or buckets.
You wouldnt want your tank to explode and have water, glass and fish all over the floor.

OP
OP
Chayo

Chayo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figured :( I don’t even know where to start looking. Water box and planet aquarium seem to have good aquariums from the build threads I've come across. Current tank is 120g. I have a bashsea sump and most of the tanks come with a sump :( how would I transfer all my livestock during the process? Can I just reuse the same tank water?

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah new tank. Better safe then sorry.
I’d go with water box if it’s in your budget. You can always use your bashsea sump with the water box , and keep the water box sump.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Oh yea, that sucker is pulling apart. Add two small blocks of ply and a clamp to help it.

Last edited:

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I’d agree with you but, I think he’s in a hurry.

Not sure what you mean, no manufacturer is going to build and deliver a new tank tomorrow. It's impossible with current technology - for glass at least.

Everyone already recommended to start removing stuff into separate tanks/containers - no point repeating that.

Are you saying Glass Cages has an unusually long lead time?

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look on the sale forums here, Craigslist and offer up. Plenty of good used tanks at cheap prices.

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what you mean, no manufacturer is going to build and deliver a new tank tomorrow. It's impossible with current technology - for glass at least.

Everyone already recommended to start removing stuff into separate tanks/containers - no point repeating that.

Are you saying Glass Cages has an unusually long lead time?
I’m saying waterbox is available the day you want it. Mass produced tanks like Red Sea. I’m pretty sure planet is the same way.
Way to put words in my mouth though as I fully support joe and everything he stands for. Do some research next time

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I’m saying waterbox is available the day you want it. Mass produced tanks like Red Sea. I’m pretty sure planet is the same way.
Way to put words in my mouth though as I fully support joe and everything he stands for. Do some research next time

Sorry, assumed custom hence the question marks in my head.

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, assumed custom hence the question marks in my head.
You know what they say about assumptions. I fully support joe, he built my 360 gallon, and will be building what ever future tank I decide to get. But he’s in a rush, and asked specifically about 2 builders who mass produce tanks. Gave him my opinion.

so yes, in his current situation, a water box would be best solution. If he was just looking t upgrade with no rush. Then I’d go glass cages.

Cwentz758

Do you even Reef bro?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Innovative marine tanks come without a sump. Yes you could use everything from your current setup except if you use the sand either Rinse it in a bucket til the water runs clean or just get new dry sand.

also rinse that dry sand

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
You know what they say about assumptions. I fully support joe, he built my 360 gallon, and will be building what ever future tank I decide to get. But he’s in a rush, and asked specifically about 2 builders who mass produce tanks. Gave him my opinion.

so yes, in his current situation, a water box would be best solution. If he was just looking t upgrade with no rush. Then I’d go glass cages.

No need to reiterate - I got you the first time. If he is replacing it with a 'stock' tank then yes he can even pick up an Aqueon at one of the local LFS.

OP
OP
Chayo

Chayo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Innovative marine tanks come without a sump. Yes you could use everything from your current setup except if you use the sand either Rinse it in a bucket til the water runs clean or just get new dry sand.

also rinse that dry sand
Should I be keeping the water heated and oxygenated while making the transfer. This already sounds like it’s going to be a nightmare/ disaster lol wish I had reefing friends in the area for some help but I will probably have to call up a LFS

OP
OP
Chayo

Chayo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can also go with @Joe Glass Cages, get a quote to compare, and go from there.
I will look into it and see the time it might take but from people’s responses I might need to press the check out button soon... before I find myself swimming lol

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back